Larry Beck in Addyston Ohio, we need to talk.

Old 05-27-2010, 06:25 AM
ccperf721p
SENIOR BUILDER

Default Larry Beck in Addyston Ohio, we need to talk.

Since you didn't answer my email, I figured I would try something a little more open before I went another route.

That Kinsler 2 5/8" I got from you is a 2 1/2". I did not catch it until I went to disassemble the unit for glass beading.

Email or PM me and we'll figure it out..
Old 05-27-2010, 06:31 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Did you but it of RJ? if so what was the add number? give us his RJ name and we will ask him to come over to the forum.

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 05-27-2010, 07:08 AM
ccperf721p
SENIOR BUILDER

It was listed here and on ebay. I actually picked it up after the auction ended on ebay because my bid did not meet his reserve. I don't have an ad # and can't remember his RJ name.

I'm still at the benefit of the doubt stage and just trying to get him to contact me. I picked the unit up almost two months ago but it's been sitting on the shelf since the engine wasn't close to being done.

I have everything but a working phone number for him and my Mom and Dad were born and raised not too far from him so I do have people close by that can run over there but it's not at that point.
Old 05-29-2010, 10:58 AM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Is that a sm/blk injection by chance? if so you might not notice the difference. We've been running the Hilborn 2 7/16" units on engines up to 434" with good success on alcohol.

Ofcouse the b/blk is a different story.

Zip.
Old 05-29-2010, 01:35 PM
ccperf721p
SENIOR BUILDER

I got the unit for a good price and it's in nice shape, even if I am stuck with it, I can clean it up and probably make a buck or two on it.

It is a small block, 436 with 15 degree heads. The 2 1/2 runs neutral on the flow bench without shafts and butterflies. I was going to see what it did with the shafts and butterflies in this weekend but I just don't feel like running down to the shop. If it comes down to just profiling the shafts and thinning the throttle blades then it's a no worry situation.
Old 05-31-2010, 09:26 AM
ccperf721p
SENIOR BUILDER

I guess I can mark this as resolved. I traded the 2 1/2" unit, a used Hilborn pump and a case of beer for a 2 5/8" unit in perfect condition.

Funny how you can exchange 4 emails and a phone call in one night when you are trying to come to a deal, but when there might be a problem you get no response.
Old 05-31-2010, 11:10 AM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Can't beat that with a stick, and i'll bet the Hilborn unit is a Magnesium unit too boot.

Zip.