when he went in the room they yelled SURPRISE and the guy
jumped and shot one of the guys in the vest, tackleberry retired :wink:
i can see them on new years running in circles in their underwear
with a gun in each hand shooting like poncho villa, yelling
happy new year! :lol: :lol:
Old 12-22-2008, 08:09 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

He definitely sounds like the kind of COP you wouldn't want to fool with....I don't think I've ever read in the paper about a criminal being STABBED by the police.

No way would I want that job ...you never know what kind of nut you are walking up on ...by yourself,along the side of the road.
Old 12-23-2008, 10:39 AM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Hey Tod, you bring up a good point, I too have done my share of whining about cops too... mostly brought on my own stupid youthful days. Sure glad we have em'... they should be thanked for what they do & the risks they take. BTW your gift idea is great, I am sure she will love the fiberglass Nova doors.

Wives/Guns.... well, my wife hates my guns & she does not want to shoot them (but she is pretty hot, so I let it go) They are all locked up in a safe due to our little ones. Me however, I love them all because some of them are family heirlooms. Heres my new home-defense idea: I have a Bowtech Guardian 70lb bow & a Rage broadhead combo that could silently GUT somones heart @320FPS & stick through the wall behind them with ZERO noise.... no bang, no noisy screaming, no gun powder residue, just clean up the mess & bury the inturder out back... so long as I can stalk him a full-draw... it worked fine when tested on the neihbors cat.

My wife would like a new Team G/Dominator combo for her Tahoe I think. I will just tell her her motor is a BBC... she wont know the difference.
Old 12-23-2008, 05:19 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by signsbyesa
i think bjuice is realy tackleberry (police academy) did you see
reno 911 when they had a surprise party for one officer and
when he went in the room they yelled SURPRISE and the guy
jumped and shot one of the guys in the vest, tackleberry retired :wink:
i can see them on new years running in circles in their underwear
with a gun in each hand shooting like poncho villa, yelling
happy new year! :lol: :lol:

LMAO...Something like that...LOL :P

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 12-23-2008, 07:15 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

I'm probably out of place in posting this, but i own a S&W 645, stainless for over 20 yrs., i still have half of the original box of shells purchased with the gun, i haven't fired it in so long it might fail to fire. I live in a small farming comunity/town, the crime rate is so low, no one remembers when the last shooting was. We have 2 cops, and 2 cars, the main revenue comes from speeders 10 mph over the 45 mph posted, no redlights. The only time i ever hear a sirene is an ocasional ambulance going down the main throughfar, about 150yds. from my house. You can get a bad repitation from smoking corn silk in my town, and i almost never lock my doors (did i just say that?) in reality, the truth is i live in a state where we have 1 city which has one of highest crime rates in the US aka/New Orleans, but the reality is most of the state is a whole lot less and i hope it never changes in my life time. Do i carry a gun, no but almost all my friends do, i mean getting a concelled weapons permit here is almost as easy as buying a pack of cigs. I'm not against carrying a gun, i just hope i never have too and i never want to live where i will feel justified in carrying one. Would i shoot someone? probably if my life was threatened, but i'll never know that unless someone unlawfully entered my house or my shop. I hope i never have to be in that position.
I realize that a lot of members and friends on this forum do live in dangerous places and must do what they have to do to protect themselves and their loved ones and i'm so glad i donot have that problem.

Zip.
Old 12-23-2008, 07:43 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Staying familiar with ANY type of weapon you might rely on is imperative for your own safety. Knife, hatchet,spear,sword, Hand gun, shotgun, long gun. You need to be able to handle it in a subconscious way if needed. It doesn't do any good if ya gotta THINK about how to operate it. By the time you've made a decision, the bad guy is using it on YOU ! It's better to NOT have anything around. Too many folks do not practice or even just 'handle' their weapons to be familiar with weight, balance, actions. Just knowing how to lock and load or flick the safety while massive amounts of adrenaline are blasting through your veins is so darn easy to forget. It MUST be a subconscious action.
And make sure firearms are cleaned regularly !!!
Old 12-23-2008, 07:59 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by DrivingMissDD
Staying familiar with ANY type of weapon you might rely on is imperative for your own safety. Knife, hatchet,spear,sword, Hand gun, shotgun, long gun. You need to be able to handle it in a subconscious way if needed. It doesn't do any good if ya gotta THINK about how to operate it. By the time you've made a decision, the bad guy is using it on YOU ! It's better to NOT have anything around. Too many folks do not practice or even just 'handle' their weapons to be familiar with weight, balance, actions. Just knowing how to lock and load or flick the safety while massive amounts of adrenaline are blasting through your veins is so darn easy to forget. It MUST be a subconscious action.
And make sure firearms are cleaned regularly !!!
I forgot to mention i'm an avid deer hunter, and am familar with weapons, i just donot want to shoot someone unless it's absolutely necessary, my deer rifle is a 243 Remington.

Zip.
Old 12-24-2008, 12:05 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Hey Zip-

I understand what you are saying. Talking about home-defense & ACTUALLY PULLING THE TRIGGER are 2 different things. I hope I never have to take a mans life, good or bad. Make no mistake, if they come in my house with bad intentions, I will. I have not shot my guns in years!! If I had to shoot someone, I would actually be more comfortable with a compound bow... but by the time I got to full draw, I would be dead.

I live in a pretty low crime rate area too. Double D: not being in a war ever, it is hard to relate. I am alot like Zip... just hunt is all & never had to use a weapon on anyone to defend myself. I am sure if you are in a place like Nam, you never loose the feeling of looking over your shoulder.
Old 12-24-2008, 01:52 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Rigs,
It's actually a case of AWARENESS that you develop after being in MAXIMUM hypervigilance(sp) for any length of time. Our law enforcement in inner cities, Border Patrol, and of course our military personnel who've been exposed to combat situations. This awareness should become a constant part of every day life nowadays for folks within cities, and especially the women folk. I live in a little old farming town 30 miles outside Boise and it's VERY easy to let one's self become complacent so that when I pop over the hill into Boise city I catch myself with my guard down. Boise has big city issues as it 's situated on I-84 which is a major throughway for Mexican drug cartels.
Awareness is NOT paranoia. It is not only survival but you also can see and learn so many more things about people and life in general when you look it in the eye. AND you just might find that once in a lifetime car find !!!
Old 12-24-2008, 11:24 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Thanks Riggs, i really donot want to ever shoot anybody, i never have and i never want too. Now i have a grandson who is in the 82nd Airbone special services, and is a career person, i think he's on his 4th tour now. We don't talk much because all his missions are secret, hell i don't even know where he's at right now, but i know he's helping us in the US from future attacks.

Zip

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -