my Huntsville engine blew up, then they ducked my calls!

Old 12-01-2008, 06:24 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Hey Guys have you thought that this man (fastfaster) may be telling you the truth here ?

i do not think there has been enough information shared here for any opinions to be formed for either side...i agree someone's past history dictates what they might do in the future ( huntsvilles good past reputation)..but its far from Fool proof they cannot drop the ball..

i am just playing the devils advocate here so that all sides gets fair shake.

those of you that know Todd as well as you say..then you may want to give him a call and tell him to post his side of the story.
now fastfaster if you want to argue your case on here you need to tell us what happened to your engine , for all we know Todd could be avoiding your calls for a reason, to the tune of maybe he has told you its not their problem you didn't put oil in it or something of that nature...

again just playing devils advocate...we need more info here guys .

i can remember something simliar to this situation posted a few weeks back and the accused engine builder started posting invoices etc..and as far as i am concerned he shut the books on that tall tale...

Brian

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 12-01-2008, 06:34 PM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

I agree brian, BUT there is a reason he is not answering the question, of how many run's and what happened to it!!! :? :?
Old 12-01-2008, 07:17 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by bjuice
Hey Guys have you thought that this man (fastfaster) may be telling you the truth here ?

i do not think there has been enough information shared here for any opinions to be formed for either side...i agree someone's past history dictates what they might do in the future ( huntsvilles good past reputation)..but its far from Fool proof they cannot drop the ball..

i am just playing the devils advocate here so that all sides gets fair shake.

those of you that know Todd as well as you say..then you may want to give him a call and tell him to post his side of the story.
now fastfaster if you want to argue your case on here you need to tell us what happened to your engine , for all we know Todd could be avoiding your calls for a reason, to the tune of maybe he has told you its not their problem you didn't put oil in it or something of that nature...

again just playing devils advocate...we need more info here guys .

i can remember something simliar to this situation posted a few weeks back and the accused engine builder started posting invoices etc..and as far as i am concerned he shut the books on that tall tale...

Brian
I also was only trying to find out the details, thats why I asked if he had talked to Todd and what actually happened to the motor and the amount of passes it had on it when it broke ?
Old 12-01-2008, 07:57 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

yeah i know hammer..its just stinking right now if no-one can anti up any more information on the subject..

i will now say the orginatter of this post has been told...i rest my case 8)

Old 12-04-2008, 01:32 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by bjuice
yeah i know hammer..its just stinking right now if no-one can anti up any more information on the subject..

i will now say the orginatter of this post has been told...i rest my case 8)

Still no one antis up any info :?:
Old 12-04-2008, 01:54 PM
mytmouz
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: huntsville engine sucks

Originally Posted by fastfaster
i have had great success with other engine companies since leaving huntsville engine forever.
How long ago was this?
Old 12-05-2008, 08:43 AM
fast72buick
APPRENTICE

Like Hammer said, Engines fail and there's not many if any that warranty a race engine, I've ran stuff that should have never ran as fast as it did for as long as it did/Never failed, And Iv'e ran stuff with overkill components that you'd think would last and was junk in less then a 100 runs.
Even "IF" a engine builder warrants there engines component failure is excluded, I can mention one very faimiliar engine builder who's engine didn't even make a pass/rocker-arm broke in it & debris went through motor eating up the crank,so-on, Customer was told to call the manufacturer of the rockers (Crane golds) they sent him a two new sets of Crane rockers, He purchased two of these engines (540's) at the sametime so Crane gave him two new sets as they just made a Improvement on them going to a larger fulcrum, In other words they new they posed a problem, I have no problem mentioning Cranes name as it was total B.S. how they handled this matter :twisted:
Owner never Installed the One 540, Had the other one fixed and sold both of them as he was not too happy with the engine builder neither even though it was not there fault, Engine builder can only be at fault by throwing a engine together with wrong clearances,poor machining,Improper torqueing,etc. eveything else (maintenace is up to owner) Part failure has nothing to do with a engine builder regardless of runtime.
On a sidenote I'll never run Crane rockers nor roller lifters, Samething happened with a friends 427, freshened his 4 season old engine with Crane solid rollers after having no issues with his Huggins lifters, Warming engine up to break it in,Lifter broke taking out the cam and engine needing tore down for removle of debris.
I myself have also had 2 Crane solid flat tappets fail within the last 5yrs. one during break-in the other after 3 weekends of racing, I've run Bullet,Comp,Lunati and not one single issue to date.
Old 12-05-2008, 03:39 PM
fla1976
RACING JUNKIE

Default Failure

I had a TCI tranmission fail on it's fourth pass. I called TCI and they said they couldn't be sure that I hadn't blown the engine and took out the transmission. They said I could ship it back and if it wasn't my fault they'd repair it free, but I'd have to pay the shipping. I had a local builder check it and he said it was the front pump. Said it was just a defective part, the outer gear broke into three pieces. Repaired it and I never had another problem. I will never buy another transmission from them again though because of the attitude they presented. They were sure that I had installed it wrong or blew the engine and took out the tranny. Even though it was not their problem because the part must have been cracked from the start. Otherwise it is a good tranny, customer service is just as important as a good product.
Old 12-05-2008, 04:46 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by fast72buick
Like Hammer said, Engines fail and there's not many if any that warranty a race engine, I've ran stuff that should have never ran as fast as it did for as long as it did/Never failed, And Iv'e ran stuff with overkill components that you'd think would last and was junk in less then a 100 runs.
Even "IF" a engine builder warrants there engines component failure is excluded, I can mention one very faimiliar engine builder who's engine didn't even make a pass/rocker-arm broke in it & debris went through motor eating up the crank,so-on, Customer was told to call the manufacturer of the rockers (Crane golds) they sent him a two new sets of Crane rockers, He purchased two of these engines (540's) at the sametime so Crane gave him two new sets as they just made a Improvement on them going to a larger fulcrum, In other words they new they posed a problem, I have no problem mentioning Cranes name as it was total B.S. how they handled this matter :twisted:
Owner never Installed the One 540, Had the other one fixed and sold both of them as he was not too happy with the engine builder neither even though it was not there fault, Engine builder can only be at fault by throwing a engine together with wrong clearances,poor machining,Improper torqueing,etc. eveything else (maintenace is up to owner) Part failure has nothing to do with a engine builder regardless of runtime.
On a sidenote I'll never run Crane rockers nor roller lifters, Samething happened with a friends 427, freshened his 4 season old engine with Crane solid rollers after having no issues with his Huggins lifters, Warming engine up to break it in,Lifter broke taking out the cam and engine needing tore down for removle of debris.
I myself have also had 2 Crane solid flat tappets fail within the last 5yrs. one during break-in the other after 3 weekends of racing, I've run Bullet,Comp,Lunati and not one single issue to date.

i hear ya and agree with a-lot with what your saying mostly pertaining to the warranty part of it....not trying to divert the thread ( cause i do not think either party is gonna post up ) so here goes

i just want to let you know i broke A Lifter this past March, wiped out block and camshaft,pushrod....(saved rockers)......Just to let you know the lifters were Lunati as well as the cam.

so..i don't buy in 100% cranes stuff is bad..and i am real sure if we somehow could hear from every person that has a lifter or rocker arm failure i am sure the other brands would have their time in the hat as well.i Know many racers including myself that run Crane Golds and/or Crane lifters with no issues..

Hey is all made of Metal. its High performance, and all of it can and will break.

of course like most peoples post this is only My opinion
based around my personal experience
Brian

Old 12-05-2008, 05:01 PM
farrigno
JOURNEYMAN

i think everybody is getting off the beatin path here, it would be nice if fastfaster would get on here and say his peace, not choosing sides here but i don't like the part of the call ducking by huntsville engines,sounds lame to me,then again i don't know the whole story...my 02 :wink:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -