dragster or door car

Old 12-20-2007, 06:38 PM
ash
MASTER BUILDER

Advantages to a Dragster: 1) easier to work on.
2) more consistant.
3) no license and registration fees.
Advantages to a Door Slammer: 1) more fun to drive.
2) can be driven on the street.
3) you don't get wet when it rains.
4) you have a back seat!!!!!!! :wink:
Old 12-21-2007, 03:31 AM
flipper59
JUNIOR BUILDER

dragster or door car???

don't get me started :lol:
Old 12-21-2007, 03:32 AM
flipper59
JUNIOR BUILDER

i had to get at least one shot in here
more consistant
not in all comparisons, but yes in odds. dragsters now are being built like TV's on assembly lines. they're pretty much the same when you look at the big picture.
door cars are built mostly in the back yard shops. all different in design!!
Old 12-23-2007, 07:52 AM
27keith
APPRENTICE

Had a tube chassis Vega that done real big wheelies, damn near flipped it over a few times! It was fun and I done a small amount winning with it. Went 9.6's. Had it 6 yrs. Moved on to a '27 roadster. Great car, not very comfortable, had a personality though. Won alot with it selling it was probably the hardest thing I have ever done. Several people still can not beleive I sold it.Had this one 8 yrs. Ran 8.6's This car was feared!!!! Stepped up to a 4.7's/ 7.6's dragster last season. Wow is that fast. Loading and unloading is a pain in the arse. Driving through some pits is tough. You always got to be thinking "If I get this long thing into that pit spot can I get it back out". I have bottomed it out on the ground, on the trailer, on tree roots . You got to remember, Its 20' between the front and back tires. However, it seems like every pass is very near perfect. With other cars there is always that one great pass I could say thats perfect and it will never back it up. Dont go off that TT cause it was flawless! Well in a pipe buggy every pass is that good. Vision is great. I have not mastered the finish line with it just yet. Those front tires are pretty far out there.For those who say dragsters are boring strap you arse in there and let it fly with a 1.05 60' it will get your attention.
Old 12-23-2007, 08:59 AM
kw89425
MASTER BUILDER

well i have a bad back and i fear i cant get in and out of a dragster. we dont get to race every weekend either so im thinking id be better to stick with a door car but i am thinking of trading my car for something more setup for racing lighter anyway. thanks
Old 12-23-2007, 12:36 PM
olds48
RACING JUNKIE

I got one of each Which is better depends on the mood that day.Wanna go fast,easy:rail.Want something brutal and fun to drive:door car.By the way,real rails got the motors up front.FEDs forever :lol:
Old 12-23-2007, 04:02 PM
wfge
APPRENTICE

I like dragsters, I really like beating them :lol: :wink:
Old 12-24-2007, 05:07 AM
olds48
RACING JUNKIE

:shock: MUST FEEL GREAT :shock:
Old 12-24-2007, 03:26 PM
johnracer
DYNO OPERATOR

I gotta tell ya, from an all out fun stand point, FEDs are it! My previous car was a '68 Mark Williams 188" wb FED with a 408 gas carbed sbc. Ran 8.90's @ 149 in Denver and 8.60's @ 154 in Vegas. Won my one and only Walley with it in Salt Lake City in '06 and evry pass left me with a smile! Pulled a towering wheelstand in Phoenix at the divisional there in '04 running Supercomp. From what I hear, it was about 8-10' high and carried it for 300 ft or so before I had sense enough to pedal it once. I have no pictures or video, just the memory of those front wheels occillating with the chassis with a backdrop of clouds.....sorry for the ramblings. Don't suppose any of you got a picture did you? Dark brown FED from Colorado?
Old 12-25-2007, 08:03 AM
mikeaton
MASTER BUILDER

Default dragster

perks? hmmmmm well they go fast with a almost stock engine,easy to work on,less moving parts,they look cool!!! easy to drive o you said perks o heck with it im with the other guy get a altered ,well at least a funny car thats a "fun" ride mike

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -