in GOD we trust

Old 07-01-2009, 03:21 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Hey Rabbit,

Politics & Religion are tough... people are passionate & things can be misunderstood sometimes. I do see your point- when America was made, it was built on moral Christian values & the Constitution had similarities to the 10 Commandments. I agree w/ you. So many wars are based on religion... which seems to contradict the big picture. As I mentioned earler, I am only one person in this big place & I do not have the answers, but I want to make clear that I love everyone the way they are. I wish I could say that I have never done drugs or drank, but I cannot. I wish I could say that I have always been respectful or fair or had no trouble with the law...... but that is not the case. My defects are what brought me great faith in God because I have hit "rock bottom" before... I had nothing to loose by seeking God... after all, it seemed like he was all I had. Now he is all I need. I cannot expect everyone to have gone through the same trials, therefore I would be a rightous hypocrate to think anyone else is wrong about thier beliefs. No worries Rabbit... I know that you are a great guy by your words over the last 3 years. I respect you & I think mud drags ROCK.

It sounds like you have found a Roseary of some kind. That is very interesting.... many people have clutched various Rosearies in thier hands over the years in the most intense times of prayer. That was not by mistake that you came upon that. What a neat revelation... I would hold on to it too.

I like our talks about God. When they are respectful & constructive I like it even more. I will try not to ever judge anyone for a different opinion... especially when I have tried to lean on my own understanding & power, I have failed. Therefore, my peace & joy only comes from God as I see him & understand him. I am open to talk about what I know with anyone... I am open to pray for you as well (I do not take this lightly) as I have prayed for many on this web-site when prompted. Last, my friend Outlaw wanted something he saw that I had.... a peace of some kind. If anyone wants to find that very same thing thing, it is our job to tell them how to recieve it. I am open & anyone is welcome to PM me if they have questions about it. (I AM NOT A "BIBLE THUMPER")

I think we are a great group of folks here. As I said, I have learned much from all of you about various gear head endeavors. I still have much to learn. Thanks for listening & being who you are & HOW you are. Scooter
Old 07-01-2009, 04:19 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

I think about our forefathers alot. They looked so far ahead into the future when they wrote our constitution it is amazing. Whoever wrote the bible also was a genius! The 10 commandments were and always will be a role model for everyone to live by. I don’t care what religion or where you come from they are simple and will bring you fulfilled life.
I too like the conversation about others beliefs and religion. Very interesting.
Being a preacher’s son I could tell you all kinds of crazy stories of things people have done in church. Even a fight that broke out in church that ended with someone bringing a shotgun into church. I was about 10 or 11 at the time. I think some of the things I saw my dad go through are part of what pushed me away from church. So many people come to church every time the door is open, but live a totally different life. There is a fine line between Saturday night and Sunday morning that so many people try to play games with.

Not being a smart azz, but I have had a very simple or as some may call it a blessed life.
Sounds like your younger days weren’t so easy, but I give you more respect than you know for coming through the tough times and finding a way to the other side of life.
You are welcome in my house anytime you need a friend or someone to chat with.
Our interest in each others differences are what brought us to this conversation and I’ve enjoyed reading your post!
Thanks
Scott D.
Old 07-01-2009, 04:56 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Thanks Scott, good man.

In so many ways, our younger years are pretty influential for sure. Mine were hard no doubt... there was no "fine line" between Saturday or Sunday... they just bled together. Drugs, drinking, Cops, Judges, lawyers, probabtion officers, crow-bar hotel, wrecked cars, lost relationships, etc... but, there were some really fun times in those days too. I once rode a YZ80 into the city & ran from several cops in Arizona (I had a thing about running from the cops) when I was 13 yrs old... it was the chase of my life.... a cop car was badly damaged in that chase. Wide open through 711 parking lots, neighborhoods, flying down city streets scared out of my mind!! What a day that was... I would not trade that memory for nothing!!! I got away, only to get caught by a neighborhood watch person who turned me in after he saw me pushing the bike into a wood pile & covering it up w/a tarp!!! I got juvenile detention for that day... & some very angry parents too. Years of these stupid mistakes caused me to crave a decencey in life... I wanted what I saw in other people... responsibility, love, God, compassion, etc... the anger & rebellion was not working anymore... everyone else gave up on me & I had to find a way to change. Man I would love to say I lived a life like you did... not having to know what being a knucklehead was like. But it all worked out by Gods grace. I am 39 now & I have been married for 10 years with a boy & girl (5 & 7) that help me stay grounded. I admire folks who live decent lives from day one... it is beyond me though. Oh well, it is my testamony like it or not. I have learned that it can help others sometimes. Church is an interesting place indeed... can't say I have seen anyone throw down there yet; much less bring a gun. No wonder you have your reservations!! Anyways, thanks for the talk Scott.
Old 07-02-2009, 10:51 AM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

is that why they call you Scooter? LOL Gave me flash backs!! Don't take my post wrong I'm no saint.I 've had my share of getting in trouble.
When I was 14 my chase by the police was on a moped! We actually had to ride by and holler at the police several times before they would chase us. 6 patrol cars later it was on! I ran through parking lots, peoples yards, down the road, across the hospital parking lot before they finally cought me. I kinda gave up because my others buddies were already caught. They were on 1 moped and couldn't go as fast as me. the difference was I live in a small town in Ga where everybody knows everybody and of course the police officers knew my dad. The other kids with me their dad was a police officer!! Needless to say they took me to jail and called my Dad! I aksed them to keep me in jail until Dad calmed down!! Of course Dad was there in 15 mins. Man was that a long night of azz whoopings! My tail still hurts every time I see one of those old Honda Express's!! lol

Good thing about small town America is they call your parents and no charges are never filled. Thank goodness 'cause that wasn't my only episode of trouble, but one of the funniest.
You're right, it is alot of fun, but it was time for me to grow up before I got into serious trouble.

Maniac sorry to hijack your thread. I don't mail very much, but I'll put on my envelopes In God we trust! And remember, no matter what "We are in this world together."
Old 07-02-2009, 02:43 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Manic: I did it yesterday @ the post office when I sent a cerified letter... the lady that took it from me saw it & smiled. I think your suggestion is great.

Rabbit: wow... itis good to know that I am not the only one who used to get off by getting chased by the cops!! LOL!!!

OK, my nick-name "Scooter" condensed version (this is what I am reffered to at work).

I bought a 2 stroke scooter (stand up) for my son one day because my buddy bought the same one for his kid. On night, we decided to try them together to see how fun they were. No helmet, no lights riding on sidewalks the wrong way in traffic. Cop comming the other way sees us... we ran. We got away by going behind some apartments & alleys & back through my neighborhood (BTW this is only 3 days after I had a "visectomy"). I was WOT on a side walk going home & the edge of the kick stand caught a little concrete decrative boarder in someones front lawn at about 25mph. This sent me flying through the air like super-man... I put my arms up to protect my face & broke BOTH arms when I landed. I went to the hospital and had a cast on each arm with the RH cast also covering the thumb. I was about 33 when this happend... the "kid" got into me that night & I paid for it dearly. After that, I was called "Scooter" by all. When I told this story here for the first time, everyone said I should use the same name here too. Have a GREAT 4th of JULY!!!! Scooter
Old 07-02-2009, 04:40 PM
THERATTLER
RACING JUNKIE

just reading and laughing :lol:
Old 07-04-2009, 06:21 AM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Scooter that is funny as heii!!! I can see you driving with 1 arm and holding you nads with your other hand!! Man were you messed up for a few weeks. Hope you healed up ok! However, you know you lost at least 100k by not getting it on video. No doubt I'd have voted for you on AFV!!! :lol: :lol:

Rabbit: wow... it's good to know that I am not the only one who used to get off by getting chased by the cops!! LOL!!!
Good thing you live in Or and me in Ga. No telling what knid of trouble we would have gotten into if we knew each other!