Has anyone else had a bad experience with Naylor Racing??

Old 01-15-2013, 09:12 AM
mrmopar622
JUNIOR BUILDER

You must not have stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night. Looks like Naylor started off as a legitimate business since these posts are from 2009 and April, 2012. Looks like his work has started slipping, could it be him or his workers? Do you think the reason for his lack of posts is he is spending all his time trying to right the ship?
Old 01-15-2013, 09:38 AM
gearhead1011
EXPERT BUILDER

I don't post on this stuff much and I certainly don't have a dog in this fight but there are a couple things I will chime in on. I don't doubt that mrmopar662 thinks he didn't get what he paid for and I'm sure naylor feels he delivered as much or more than what was promised. This issue is all about perspective. I have learned from the 30 years that I have been in business that all jobs are not always perfect and some customers can't be satisfied no matter what. As far as I know in all that time there were maybe 3 customers that left my shop that were not satisfied and one of those had nothing to do with the job that I did for him.

IMHO mrmopar662 would seem more credible if he didn't rant and get so defensive toward anyone that doesn't agree with him. You also have to consider the motive of another engine builder that did the follow up work. If he feels Naylor is a competitor he might exaggerate or just flat out lie about his competitor's build. He would have no motivation to make Naylor look good and I would guess the customer let his negative feelings about the product show to the 2nd engine guy. As the others on here stated the numbers on a dyno can easily be manipulated. I had my dyno work done by a guy that said his numbers would be about 6% less than what most dynos show because he uses a more realistic calculation factor than most. He said he wasn't interested in trying to make someone feel good about big HP numbers, he wanted to give his customers real data. The numbers he gave me were 50 HP less than what I expected but the build performed like I expected in the car. If you use the calculators it indicates the higher HP level according the ET and MPH. Again as the others said, put it in the car and see what it does. There is nothing wrong with gluing intake gaskets together to achieve the desired thickness, I have seen it done and done it myself without problems.

When you attack a business' credibility as has been done in this thread you put the business owner on the defensive and remove their motivation to help you out because if they help you now it looks like they were wrong and did it just because you called them out on it. I had a guy pull that on me once. After that I withdrew my offer of help and sent him on his way. In my business I have taken care of problems that were not my fault just as a matter of keeping good customer relations. It's amazing how much additional business you can pick up by helping your customer out. I am a lot more likely to help a customer out that approaches me in a pleasant manner than one that doesn't. I don't price war with my competitors. Maybe in the race engine business that is necessary but not in mine. I have found that people that price shop are the hardest to please. If they tell me they can get it done cheaper I tell them that's OK in a sincere manner. I sell quality and cut rate prices aren't part of that. In a lot of instances I will see that customer later to correct the cut-rate job they got.

From what I have read in this thread I wouldn't be concerned about buying from Naylor racing. I doubt that I ever will because I have a a machine shop that is local to me that does great work and is easy to deal with. I might be able to find a cheaper one but I trust these guys. I do my own assembly.
Old 01-15-2013, 10:15 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by mrmopar622
Opinions are like A**holes, everyone has one. It seems like your opinion of yourself you know everything, everyone else is wrong, you have all the right answers. Where is all this positive feedback for Naylor you keep referencing? I have yet to see any.
As for my honest opinion of you I could give a sh*t less what YOUR opinions are.
However, I am interested in hearing some of the other racers opinions.
Speaking of azzholes, you are starting to sound just like one. You wont last much longer on this forum talking like that and any opinion YOU have from this point on probably wont mean jackshit to anyone on here. So just keep shooting off your mouth and see what it gets you...

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 01-15-2013, 11:13 AM
mrmopar622
JUNIOR BUILDER

Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Speaking of A**holes, you are one. This is a user feedback & scam watch forum. As for your opinion, you know where you can stick that.
Old 01-15-2013, 11:30 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by mrmopar622
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Speaking of A**holes, you are one. This is a user feedback & scam watch forum. As for your opinion, you know where you can stick that.
Same to you buddy, no wonder Naylor wont come back, you probably remind him of ex-wife that just nagged, nagged, nagged.
My opinion is it would not have mattered who built your motor, you would have never been happy. People on here tried to help you and give you their opinions (when you asked) and all you did was turn to name calling.
So in the end it seems that all that matters is just YOUR opinion and nobody elses? Take it somewhere else and leave this section for people who actually have problems...

Old 01-15-2013, 11:53 AM
mrmopar622
JUNIOR BUILDER

Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

This is the user feedback & scammer watch forum for problem solving. That means for people with usable information not fools like you who only want to run their mouth.
Old 01-15-2013, 11:58 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

I have solved a lot of people problems on this feedback forum over the years but the people that you are bashing are guys that have also been on here for years helping people. When they tried to help you and give you opinions, you turned to name calling. I wont stand for that, especially towards Rabbit, Hammertime or shawnp. I figure it wont be long before this post gets locked so...

Old 01-15-2013, 12:18 PM
mrmopar622
JUNIOR BUILDER

Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

You say you have solved many problems in the past, you may have, but you have not done anything constructive here!! You are the one coming on here & doing the bashing, are you some old man that does not have anything to do but sit around and put your nose where it does not belong? I see you have a lot of posts, others may have tolerated your smart mouth, but don't think for an instant I will tolerate it!!
If someone has any input to this subject I will try to answer them the best I can, if they don't understand my answer all they have to do is ask & I will try again!! If someone posts something & I have questions I will ask them directly.
Old 01-15-2013, 12:22 PM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

There is nothing constructive to do here and you have been bashing people for the last couple of pages. Shitz just getting old. People tried to give you answers but you wont accept them, all you want to do is keep crying, bitching and name calling. Time to put this one to rest...

Old 01-15-2013, 12:34 PM
mrmopar622
JUNIOR BUILDER

Harbone
RACING JUNKIE
If its old and you don't like it,don't have anything to contribute,why do you keep coming on here oldie?
:lol:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -