My next silly alcohol question

Old 05-21-2010, 09:41 AM
Mudmut
JOURNEYMAN

Default My next silly alcohol question

What type of fuel lines are people running out there. Also what is the associated maintenance with running a Blown BBC on alky on the street. The 4x4 truck which is being converted to primarily off road use (TOY), but will still be driven on the street some. From what I see so far, alky is a lot of prevenative maintenance when not in use. I currently have a 20 gal aluminum cell mounted between the frame rails in the back. It will be a Hilborn Injection set up with FAST XFI controller. Let me know what you think. I have not purchased anything as of yet. Doing research what to get my ducks in a row before I drop alot of money. Advice is appreciated.
Old 05-21-2010, 10:33 AM
kwkracing
RACING JUNKIE

Regardless what everyone says, i have had no trouble out of any hose, or anything in my fuel system due to alcohol, I run it in all my blown dragster and my racing bikes. I either add top end lube to it or marvel mystery oil. I never drain anything, never flush gas threw the lines and have been doing this for atleast the last five years. All my lines are stainless, braided or push lock hose.
Good luck
Old 05-21-2010, 08:47 PM
Mudmut
JOURNEYMAN

Cool, thanks for the help, btw do you have a chassis dyno or engine dyno. I am thinking about dynoing my engine after I do my mods, I want to know how much I am losing through the drivetrain. Would really like to meet you. I sent an email but did not get a response. Thanks again for all of your advice. Do you have anything that I should look out for?
Old 05-21-2010, 09:24 PM
kwkracing
RACING JUNKIE

It came up in my spam.... I cant find it now, please email me your address [email protected]

Thanks, Keith
Old 05-21-2010, 09:29 PM
Mudmut
JOURNEYMAN

Kieth, just sent you an email my email is in the subject line. Thanks again for everything.