NHRA LICENSE

Old 08-31-2010, 09:58 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

should run 5.90's in the eighth.

Last time out Went 6.10 with 1.31 60' but the electric shifter malfunctioned and I forgot to shift and hit the rev limiter.

thanks guys. Sounds like a real PITA and maybe I need to look for a different track.

Oh FYI the track is Lyons Raceway Park used to be E.T. Raceway. Don't know if they enforce the chassis cert rule or not but it is listed on their web site.
Old 09-01-2010, 12:45 AM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

Oh and don't forget about that mandatory pyhsical :wink:
Old 09-01-2010, 05:04 AM
slowmotion
RACING JUNKIE

My car is certified but I didn't go through the hassle and cost of a license. My car runs 6.50's in the 1/8 for a reason. The way I look at it. I'm not going to pay the extra money to run 9.80's- 9.90's. I'll slow the car down. I would go through the trouble to run 9.50's

Depending on what class you run, You could just put a throttle stop on the car.
Old 09-01-2010, 05:18 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Tod74

Last time out Went 6.10 with 1.31 60' but the electric shifter malfunctioned and I forgot to shift and hit the rev limiter.

thanks guys. Sounds like a real PITA and maybe I need to look for a different track.

Oh FYI the track is Lyons Raceway Park used to be E.T. Raceway. Don't know if they enforce the chassis cert rule or not but it is listed on their web site.
what sucks is, there is no ihra tracks in indiana left, 1 in michigan (i am sure that'll change this winter) and more dropping. Sucks to pay extra for nhra
Old 09-01-2010, 06:51 AM
ccperf721p
SENIOR BUILDER

Originally Posted by Tod74

It is a PITA, but it isn't any more of a PITA than building or maintaining a race car. I'm not saying this is the case with you or your ride, but I sure get tired of running against cars that are stopped or pulled back because they won't cert. Most of the time I find everything else to be just as neglected as the components required to cert the car. All the enjoyment is gone for me when I know I'm chasing junk at 175MPH. At the same time, the people I race with know that I have done everything humanly possible to ensure we get to the other end without getting tangled up.
Old 09-01-2010, 08:56 AM
slowmotion
RACING JUNKIE

I've also been told if a car fails to certify it is deemed unsafe to race at any speed. Meaning if they find out the pipe is too thin for 9.99, it's no good for 10.50.
Old 09-01-2010, 09:43 AM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

NHRA--- :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ops: ops: ops: ops: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

I WILL STICK WITH MY THOUGHTS---NHRA SUCKS----THEY ARE CONTROL FREAKS/ DEMAND EXCESSIVE FEES/ WANT TO TELL YOU EVERYTHING TO DO TO YOUR CAR/ AND THROW YOU BUTTE AWAY WHEN THEY GET TIRED OF YOU :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

SOUNDS JUST LIKE OUR GOVERNMENT :shock: :shock: :? :?
MONEY-MONEY-MONEY
THIS WILL SEND MORE AND MORE YOUNG GUYS BACK TO THE STREETS TO RACE/ALL THIS STUPIDITY IS CAUSED BY GREED[THEIR SPONSERS/THEIR PARTS/ THEIR WAY -PERIOD]

SORRY GUYS BUT I CAN NOT STAND WHAT WE ARE FACING IN THIS RACING WORLD--WE NEED TO FIGHT BACK AND HONOR THE SMALL TRACKS[OUTLAW AND ALL]

LIVELY
Old 09-01-2010, 10:55 AM
bbchevy
RACING JUNKIE

Default NHRA

NHRA=NO HOT RODS ALLOWED!
Take it for What its Worth?
SFI and NHRA mean the SAME Damn THING=$$$$$$
Even Though I have a B/New Pro-Mod Car,I will do anything Possible,NOT to have to Race on a NHRA Track?There are Plenty of IHRA and Outlaw Track around.My car is Certed to 6.00 but some of the B()!!$#!T is Just INSANE!@
I Mean I dont want Mt Car or the Guy Next to me Running a POS that Should Not be there,but its getting to the Point that the Safety Stuff is MORE Expencesive the the CAR!
And,this alone will Push More Guys OUT of the $$$ Thing back to the Roots of Where it STARTED!
Later
G 8)
Old 09-01-2010, 11:01 AM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by lively
NHRA--- :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ops: ops: ops: ops: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

I WILL STICK WITH MY THOUGHTS---NHRA SUCKS----THEY ARE CONTROL FREAKS/ DEMAND EXCESSIVE FEES/ WANT TO TELL YOU EVERYTHING TO DO TO YOUR CAR/ AND THROW YOU BUTTE AWAY WHEN THEY GET TIRED OF YOU :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

SOUNDS JUST LIKE OUR GOVERNMENT :shock: :shock: :? :?
MONEY-MONEY-MONEY
THIS WILL SEND MORE AND MORE YOUNG GUYS BACK TO THE STREETS TO RACE/ALL THIS STUPIDITY IS CAUSED BY GREED[THEIR SPONSERS/THEIR PARTS/ THEIR WAY -PERIOD]

SORRY GUYS BUT I CAN NOT STAND WHAT WE ARE FACING IN THIS RACING WORLD--WE NEED TO FIGHT BACK AND HONOR THE SMALL TRACKS[OUTLAW AND ALL]

LIVELY
AMEN BROTHER!
Old 09-01-2010, 11:14 AM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

There are a few short cuts you can take, if you know/feel that the bars are all in the proper location and you worry about the tubing thickness, find an engine builder who has a sonic tester (aka cylinder wall tester) for a few bucks you can have him check the thickness of the bars, this can save you some head aches when you take it too the NHRA offical, the other thing is if possible get the car certified somewhere other than at the track. At the track they seem to all think they are GOD and don't seem to have time for anything.

JMO

Zip.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -