My little sister...

Old 04-30-2012, 04:57 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Ken stay focused please. suicide is not the way out, the affect it has on your family and loved ones never goes away. I should know, my father took his own life when I was just 4 years old and it still haunts me to this day. Giving your son the boot may be the solution to the problem. I had a time in my life that my car was my home cause I had nothing else. about 3 months of sleeping in the backseat was enough to get me motivated to do something with my life and I did.

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 04-30-2012, 08:53 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

bone i dont know why i put that up there under your post. like you dont have enough to deal with. buddy im so sorry that i did that but before i really thought about it i did it. then later i got to thinking and it was to late.i again im so sorry please dont let this crap get you down. im not going to do it now, but i wont lie to you i did come close a few times since my wreck.but i couldnt do that to my little bride.she has lost so many in her life. i have lost a cousin and a few close friends to suicide,ive seen the aftermath and it is not good.i have never run from anything in my life im not gonna start now.i was trying to say that that is how desparete ive be come because of having to deal with the pain, my losing my ability to think clearly and all the other goodies that come with brain damage.then worry about how to deal with my son. he has seen the aftermath of dope, thats why its such a shock to me that he went that way.im going to set him down tonite and tell him freeride is over. we will see how that goes over. lol hes not using right now but i know its always close by. ive lived that life. there isnt anything he can tell me or hide from me, if i just open my damn eyes.dont worry about me brother,take care of you and yours. im a fighter, hell i love to fight, so i quess this is just one more thing to fight.lol i truly didnt mean to make it sound like thats whats in my mind now, it was something in the past. take care my friend. im always thinking of all of you guys here on rj when things are bad for yall.man scoooter even got me to praying. and i never even talked to him. i have never heard his voice.lol but he sure can write!! take care
Old 04-30-2012, 09:54 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

No reason to apologize to me Ken, ever...

Old 04-30-2012, 09:58 AM
MileHighMan
APPRENTICE

Originally Posted by harbone66
Ken stay focused please. suicide is not the way out, the affect it has on your family and loved ones never goes away. I should know, my father took his own life when I was just 4 years old and it still haunts me to this day. Giving your son the boot may be the solution to the problem. I had a time in my life that my car was my home cause I had nothing else. about 3 months of sleeping in the backseat was enough to get me motivated to do something with my life and I did.
I agree....Suicide only relieves the pain of one,,but kills all those around you..it's a permanent solution to a temporary problem...tomorrow is another day,,and remember..God loves you!!!...Dan.
Old 04-30-2012, 10:05 AM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

Ken the way i see things we are a family here, I think we are close enough to be there when one of us need's help of any kind. If any of you and includes me need's to talk just ring my phone, Some of you has my number :!: :!:

Mark
Old 04-30-2012, 06:16 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Harb, my original post was about my older sister. I deleted it before I posted it because I didn't want to take away from your sister. It looks like this has really turned out as a good thread to let everybody talk about real family problems. I don't have time tonight to say much about my sister so I'll save it for later.
I can't describe how sad I feel for you. By that high school pic. this is not how it was meant to be for her.

Outlaw, please unwind a little. I don't have any idea what to say or what to tell you to do, but taking you own life is not the answer. There will be better days ahead.
Old 05-01-2012, 04:25 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Rabbit feel free to tell me about your sister, you wont take anything away from this post.

Old 05-01-2012, 08:11 AM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Harb:

The pics are shocking yet like so many I have seen over the years. Addiction is one of the most efficient tools of the enemy I have ever seen... a one-way path to destruction & death. My kids are pretty young (8 & 10), but I am going to tell them Shelly's story & show them the pics tonight... in honor of her... she would tell them what not to do if she were here... lets not let her death be in vain. She was stolen from us here, but given back when she passed.

Ken: people need ya buddy... we need you to stay too. Get rid of the gun if you have to... you can't avoid rash choices when withdrawal comes back. Ask God to help keep your mind clear. You may not be able to fix your broken body much; but you can help your mind get healthy. Man if you could help your son get clean, that is reason enough to stick around. If I were closer, I would come hang out with you a lot.