Where is all the cash????????????

Old 04-12-2010, 01:18 PM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

car sales are down and the service dept has taken a bit of a hit but the parts end of things has stayed steady. I see more people fixing the cars they would have normally traded in by now. I try and deal with the bodyshops and cut them a better price if the insurance comapny wants them to use aftermarket parts, I would rather make a $1 than nothing at all!! taking care of customer and going above and beyond is the key now. I have some big time wholesale dealers trying to give better discounts in my territory but my bodyshop guys dont always look at price, they believe in quaility, personal service also.

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 04-12-2010, 10:05 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

All last year we were on a 32 hour week......I never started my car...couldn't afford it. 32 hours a week sucked but it beat being laid off. Now we are back to 50 hours a week..I am stuck on night shift,which ruins your life...but I don't dare quit for fear of not finding another job...
Old 04-12-2010, 10:31 PM
bowtie4542001
DYNO OPERATOR

Originally Posted by Tod74
All last year we were on a 32 hour week......I never started my car...couldn't afford it. 32 hours a week sucked but it beat being laid off. Now we are back to 50 hours a week..I am stuck on night shift,which ruins your life...but I don't dare quit for fear of not finding another job...
I know what you mean Tod, I have been working 12hr swing shifts for the last 8 years. I can't complain too much, its a job and it pays pretty well. Not really any physical labor just watching computers (power plant) and of course, it pays the bills

Chris