they make u feel stupid

Old 06-16-2007, 04:31 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

I've been calling about motor parts and know what I want and there is always a few people who tell me no thats not what you want. I love them places when they start telling me this is what you need not that I say I got the money and will spend it somewhere no matter what so just give me prices for what I want.

We are the ones paying the bills for these people they should start acting like it !!!
Old 06-16-2007, 05:15 PM
davis419b
EXPERT BUILDER

Woodsman, The motor i am running is a RMRE 565/HR which i believe is what you have. My buddy bought it from them at the beginning of the year. The motor smoked like a friegt train but it was fast. I bought it at the end of the year from him. First thing i did was call them to see why it was smoking. They put me through to Johnny, he pulled the build sheet and told me it was the material the second ring was made out of, did not make alot of since to me. The motor had 150 runs on it so we decided to pull the intake and change the lifters and springs. When we got the intake off the back side of the intake valves that were closed were covered with about 3oz. of oil each. As it turned out it turned out the bolts that hold the rocker stamds did not seal! We fixed the problem and it turned out that the second ring was a backcut ring which didnt make any since. At the end of that year the cheap GM windage tray had broke off into little pieces, clogged and sucked the in, and went into the oil pump locking it up and breaking the oil pump shaft. As you know it lost oil pressure and was finished. When i had it freshened we found the second ring thing! Also the main bearings were cut down in width. Some of these things i dont agree with just to get a few HP. But in thier behalf every time we have taled to them they have not had an attitude i just didnt take it back there to be freshend.
Old 06-16-2007, 05:30 PM
woodsman
DYNO OPERATOR

davis419b I sure hate to hear that you had bad luck with them and hope mine will work out alright. You are right I have got the 565" and trying to get it in my car now. Will let you know how it runs. Wesley
Old 06-16-2007, 05:44 PM
davis419b
EXPERT BUILDER

Woodsman, Check your build sheet to see what oil pan it has on it. Mine was a Moroso, I believe it was a 30270c. The c means custom which means R/M had Moroso leave thier windage out so they could use the GM windage. The guy who owned it before me replaced it twice in a 150 runs, just forgot to tell me about it until i told him of my problem.
Old 06-16-2007, 05:57 PM
woodsman
DYNO OPERATOR

davis419b I will check that out but am unable at this time as I am not in the country and all my paper work was left at home safe with mama. Thanks for the heads up on the possible problem. That is something good to know about part # oil pan with the C. Well thanks again and good luck with your new engine builder. Wesley
Old 06-16-2007, 06:44 PM
davis419b
EXPERT BUILDER

Woodsman. the correct number on the oil pan is 20370=C
Old 06-16-2007, 07:01 PM
woodsman
DYNO OPERATOR

davis419b :wink:
Old 06-17-2007, 04:25 AM
Realgone
APPRENTICE

Well Mama will have to check that out after she get home from golf today. Hope you dads have a great Fathers day. Going to play a round with mine if the rain holds off. Woodswife, Mama, Vicki from Texas
Old 06-17-2007, 12:41 PM
Realgone
APPRENTICE

Just check and the oil pan is the same number. Woodswife
Old 06-18-2007, 05:26 AM
signsbyesa
RACING JUNKIE

well i did not want to give MSD a bad note but i emailed them wanting
a system that would be distributorless for a gen 4 bbc, they replied
"we don't make any thing for that" well i emailed them back and asked
what they had that would make it easy and able to plug in a computer
to adjust the timing and other functions to be computerized, well its been
a wk and a half and they have not answered, and i wanted to purchase
all MSD so as to have a flawless system, but now i think i will go
with Mallory, i guess im just too little for them, don't have big
sponsors, well my sponsor right now is CASH :cry:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -