Thoughts on Syria

Old 09-07-2013, 10:08 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

The absolute most dangerous enemy is the one who WANTS to die......
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
The problem is our civilized society mindsets cannot even fathom THEIR mindset, therefore we cannot defeat them until we let LOOSE our dogs of war, with total slack reins, upon the evilness that is Radical Islam.... In Vietnam we had one hand tied behind our back. Today, our military has both hands tied, ankles bound together. and blindfolded......
Old 09-08-2013, 01:12 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

What does THIS tell ya ? ....

http://www.fiscalconservatives.com/v...eHs5vs3Gk.html
Old 09-08-2013, 02:04 PM
shybx1969
MASTER BUILDER

My son did 8yrs in army...Hes glad he is out.But he still teaches in afgan. till feb. He thinks we will b spending some time thier. Just like iraq...
Old 09-11-2013, 03:26 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

[quote="Tod74"]I am not good at typing into words what I mean to say. I am NOT for attacking Syria. I have great respect for DD and his beliefs...I meant nothing negative or disrespectful.just don't want my comment taken out of context.

I know how you feel about typing sometimes Tod. Sometimes I feel like I get too excited & go over-board... then I get embarrassed... but I have never felt more comfortable than talking with the RJ brethren. After all, like Juice said- it is good to have other opinions & even disagreements which always make it more interesting. I second what DD said about being "conservative"... does not always mean you are a 100% Republican. I too am a Conservative Independent.

Can I just say I am getting tried of that comment on the news "Boots on the ground"??? It's so much more than that; it is peoples lives & their families. It is our soldiers LIVES....
Old 09-11-2013, 08:25 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

A soldier posted this as his status this morning.

Some people are asking me what I think about Syria, so here it is ;

I’m tired. I’m tired of people watching their children grow up via Facebook and Skype. I’m tired of hearing a man tell his wife ‘I love you’ followed by ‘I miss you’ for an entire year. I’m tired of watching the military divorce rate shoot sky-high. I’m tired of overhearing some teenager tell his mom over the phone, “I’m going over there” and hearing her cry from 20 feet away. I’m tired of Veterans waiting years to get the help they deserve and need. I’m tired of empty seats at Christmas dinner every other year and anniversary presents in the mail flying overseas. I’m tired of new men and women walking around with invisible wounds that don’t heal.

Our flag is a beautiful thing- but I’m tired of seeing it draped over a casket. I’m tired of men and women missing pieces of their bodies, minds, and souls.

I want peace in Syria. I want people to stop killing each other in Syria, as well as anywhere else in the world. I want to look back on wars, not anticipate them. I want to make plans for the next year, and the year after that don’t revolve around being in a foreign country. I want proof that the people we’re helping aren’t the people who have been trying to kill us for more than a decade. I want to know that the people we’re attacking are the ones who used the Chemical Weapons. I want to know how Syria’s problem is a threat to America, our Freedom, and our people. I want to know why we’re doing this alone, when the use of Chemical Weapons should get an international response.

I can’t protest in uniform or speak against the leaders of our country. But I can address people.

Stop worrying about Miley Cyrus rubbing her ass on Beetlejuice. The next season of The Walking Dead will be available on DVD and Netflix and I promise, it won’t change from what they’ve shown on television. Unless you play football, and your income depends on that next game, stop obsessing over a sport for a bit. The clubs, bars, honky-tonks, and juke joints will be there all year.

Ben Affleck isn’t a real hero, so it doesn’t matter what he does in a Batman costume at this point. You might want to turn your attention to this for just a minute, and maybe say how you feel about it- one way or another.

Because a whole lot of people are going to die real soon, no matter what. It’s just a matter of who they are.
Old 09-17-2013, 08:04 AM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

http://www.glennbeck.com/2013/09/17/...ias-civil-war/
Old 09-17-2013, 08:05 AM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

http://www.glennbeck.com/2013/09/17/...ias-civil-war/