NHRA COMPETITION LICENSE FEES

Old 02-21-2010, 06:23 AM
kod99
MASTER BUILDER

I think the NHRA is so involved in the Pro classes the could give a crap less about the Sportsman guys. The AHRA is trying to get a start again and one of my local tracks is running three of their events this year. After talking to the AHRA guys, it sounds like they are more "grass roots". It will be interesting to see if they make it this time.
Old 03-05-2010, 07:48 AM
chpseat987
CRAFTSMAN

Our track went to IHRA last year, and they kept telling us they are about the grass root racers and after running with them for a season I belive it. Never been treated better and plus we have a national event coming to our track this year and I get to run in the show. Now show me a single NHRA event that a little ol guy like me can run my car in. Oh ya you cant... SCREW NHRA
Old 03-05-2010, 04:23 PM
qtrmile2
DYNO OPERATOR

Just certified one of our cars yesterday. Cost $185.00 for 8.50. The guy that did it is a good friend of mine. I asked him why the big increase and he said NHRA says they haven't had an increase in a decade. Don't kill the messenger.
I think it's crap to raise everything from certification, entry fee's and license fee's etc. But If you want to run NHRA events you gotta pay. I hate the high cost but I really don't want to go back to bracket racing.
But I still think it's BS to make the little guys always pay.
Old 03-05-2010, 08:04 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by qtrmile2
Just certified one of our cars yesterday. Cost $185.00 for 8.50. The guy that did it is a good friend of mine. I asked him why the big increase and he said NHRA says they haven't had an increase in a decade. Don't kill the messenger.
I think it's crap to raise everything from certification, entry fee's and license fee's etc. But If you want to run NHRA events you gotta pay. I hate the high cost but I really don't want to go back to bracket racing.
But I still think it's BS to make the little guys always pay.
As i said in an earlier post $250.00 here, but the guy is good and has been a tech over 25 yrs. and he is totally honest. Mentioned in above post Baton Rouge went IHRA, for 2010, No Problem is still NHRA, and our local track Twin Cities, (NHRA) may not open at all this yr. court litigation. AHRA, advertised in Jan that they had cerified Shrevsport Red River track, but just 3 days ago they cancelled the lease, so Red River may be closed also. The whole situation looks grime around here with no track less than a 100 plus miles away. If i wasn't so damn old and didn't have such a nice shop i'd sell my house here in La, and move back up to Ms. in my other house, but no shop.

Zip.
Old 03-05-2010, 09:03 PM
gws64gto
APPRENTICE

Let’s see…. Chassis cert, blower restraint cert, flywheel cert, seat belt cert, Helmet cert, fire suit cert, NHRA advanced et lic, trans blanket cert….currently installing driveshaft enclosure and cert on oil pressure lines….

Next year sell the car to pay for the license and certifications.....lol
Old 03-05-2010, 10:28 PM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by gws64gto
Let’s see…. Chassis cert, blower restraint cert, flywheel cert, seat belt cert, Helmet cert, fire suit cert, NHRA advanced et lic, trans blanket cert….currently installing driveshaft enclosure and cert on oil pressure lines….

[b]DAM!!! :shock: Makes me appreciate the outlaw track(s) of the south that much more :wink:
Old 03-06-2010, 05:17 AM
slowmotion
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by cepx111
Originally Posted by gws64gto

[b]DAM!!! :shock: Makes me appreciate the outlaw track(s) of the south that much more :wink:
Just had my belts rewebbed. RCI Platinum series. They do it for free once. It was $12 to ship there $20 to get them shipped back. Replaced my flywheel shield last year. It was out of date. :roll:

Don't forget the SFI Balancer also.

A lot of the motorcycle guys are going to get a surprise this year. They changed the glove rule. Used to be just a leather glove. now it's

"Gloves must be Kevlar-lined or equipped with slide buttons."

I've looked all over to find gloves to meet the requirement. I found a brand that is Kevlar lined. We are taking a car to get it cert today and I'm taking the gloves along to get the thumbs up or down.