U.S. Postal service

Old 01-06-2010, 07:58 AM
mooneye777
MASTER BUILDER

Originally Posted by mytmouz
The tracking number you have won't work until the item is scanned as delivered, if it shows nothing in the system, then it hasn't been delivered. If it is not insured, then the buyer can file the Paypal dispute and you will be out the money and the part. USPS won't pay if it is not insured. If it is insured, my local postmaster will not file a claim until 30 days from ship date. This has happened twice. Not sure if they all do it that way...
The package does show as shipped on the tracking search, just not as delivered. My post master has been there for 10 years, but sure does not act like he gives a rats azz about this. The guy said he is going to file with paypal to get his money back, I am not sure but if it shows shipped we all might just have to wait it out. Or probably I will be out an intake and the 150.00, thats been my luck lately, and I was hoping for better days in 2010.

Old 01-06-2010, 09:39 AM
DRTRCR22
EXPERT BUILDER

You know what... that Postmaster has a boss too...! You paid him for a service that makes heavy promises, and he better come through....!
Sternly relate you are not pleased with his attitude and lack of performance, and you intend to contact HIS boss and an attorney to find out why he does not want to do his job.
Government agencies cringe over the failure of their system, and making a few people squirm will make magic happen...! Believe me I know from experience...!

PayPal will not award the buyer any refund [yet] untill all other reasonable attempts to rectify this problem have been exhausted. In your protest reply (if the buyer files a claim) to PayPal you will explain the problem and how you are taking every measure to correct it. PayPal will give you every opportunity to fix it between yourselves before they ever get involved...! They will not just jerk money out of your account without every last avenue traveled to correct this, especially when it is not your fault. You must be diligent though, and do whatever it takes to fix this.

If this package is totally lost in space, your best bet is to get on the phone with the buyer to discuss this and feel him out for his integrity, to see if you guys could work out a deal to send him his money back, with understanding that if and when the package shows up that he pay you for the manifold. Cross your fingers and hope his integrity is honorable and he will do that. You will protect your integrity as a seller and with PayPal, which can never be recovered once trashed. Just read this forum and you know what I mean...!
Old 01-06-2010, 11:10 AM
mooneye777
MASTER BUILDER

Originally Posted by DRTRCR22
You know what... that Postmaster has a boss too...! You paid him for a service that makes heavy promises, and he better come through....!
Sternly relate you are not pleased with his attitude and lack of performance, and you intend to contact HIS boss and an attorney to find out why he does not want to do his job.
Government agencies cringe over the failure of their system, and making a few people squirm will make magic happen...! Believe me I know from experience...!

PayPal will not award the buyer any refund [yet] untill all other reasonable attempts to rectify this problem have been exhausted. In your protest reply (if the buyer files a claim) to PayPal you will explain the problem and how you are taking every measure to correct it. PayPal will give you every opportunity to fix it between yourselves before they ever get involved...! They will not just jerk money out of your account without every last avenue traveled to correct this, especially when it is not your fault. You must be diligent though, and do whatever it takes to fix this.

If this package is totally lost in space, your best bet is to get on the phone with the buyer to discuss this and feel him out for his integrity, to see if you guys could work out a deal to send him his money back, with understanding that if and when the package shows up that he pay you for the manifold. Cross your fingers and hope his integrity is honorable and he will do that. You will protect your integrity as a seller and with PayPal, which can never be recovered once trashed. Just read this forum and you know what I mean...!
I stepped over the post masters head and called the corperate customer service to try and help with this. As far as the buyer I sent it to. His profile name on E-bay is XXXXXXXX, and his shipping info uses XXXXXXX as his name. Why the 2 names I dont know. I gave him my phone # 2 weeks ago and he has not called or given me his # so I can call him. For all I know he checked the tracking info and saw it not completed, but has my intake in his possesion. Its sad to think that way but you just dont know these days, kinda gets me wondering what if !
Old 01-06-2010, 12:48 PM
THERATTLER
RACING JUNKIE

you have his address , try looking it up in their local records , scorp might can help you on that part , p m him and see..
if you will , print his name and address on here , can't make it out on the shipping slip
Old 01-06-2010, 10:26 PM
mooneye777
MASTER BUILDER

I never thought of looking his info up, I went to a white pages. All his info came up as listed on the shipping address, along with a phone #. I will try the # tomorrow and see what happens, thanks for the idea, shows I am a true rookis at detectiving.
Old 01-06-2010, 10:52 PM
mooneye777
MASTER BUILDER

There is a god in heaven, I just checked my ebay mail and got this breath of fresh air.

Dear mooneye777,

Thank you for all your help, I just received the intake today,we can stop looking now, once again thank you,,,

- nates71
Old 01-07-2010, 12:07 AM
dragonmaster093
RACING JUNKIE

sweet nice to here they got it guess slow mail lived up to its name slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Old 01-07-2010, 02:10 AM
eddie1963
SENIOR BUILDER

Default slow carb

just food for thought. sold a carb, it didnt arrive. my fool self didnt have anything for a tracking number just a receipt i sent it US postal service. it never arrived. i had my doubts about a the guy, however he seemed fine and my faith didnt want me to be the judge. anyway i did the correct thing. low and behold over 2 months later the carb arrived and i got paid. me and the guy had a great laugh after he convinced,,,, or should i say he reminded me of the exact deal! we wondered how long it sat in a corner until someone either cleaned up the area or actually took the time to bend over and pick up something that had dropped to the floor? the old dog was reminded of a few things> faith, dignity, pride, morals and anything else you want to toss is vital to our every day good living. i must say i know times are tuff, money is tight,people do error but never in my life have i done the right thing and felt bad> actually felt better for doing it right! he lost too at this point. and if the post master takes care of it and money is either returned or part found all is good! give it time,. maybe it will show christmas may just be late?? and if not do what you feel is correct for you to be satisfied. ****** i had this ready to send at the begining but i also waited LOL funny how things happen*********
Old 01-07-2010, 02:30 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

I sell stuff on EBAY and I ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS.send it "signature required". I have purchased stuff and the seller has never required a sig.I find the stuff on the porch. If I were a crook I could keep stuff and then claim I never got it.Without a sig the seller has no proof that he sent you what you paid for.

It is the sellers responsibility to make sure the package gets there one way or the other. I ordered a bunch of T SHIRTS one time from Summit and they sent them to the wrong address.They had an old address of mine on file ,so when I paid online I made sure to change the address to match my debit card billing address. They still sent it to my old house.After some time waiting I checked tracking number and it showed "delivered". I had to call Them and complain and they still tried to say I was S.O.L and wanted ME to go knock on the front door and ask the people living there if they had my stuff...I refused and they finally sent me replacements. The funny part of it is THEY sent it to the wrong place and then filed a claim with UPS for losing the package..I know this because UPS called me while investigating it.
Old 01-08-2010, 11:39 AM
gsforless
JUNIOR BUILDER

Don't know how anyone else's service with them is,but around here,UPS is BAD for checking that a package has been signed for,when it has not!

My mom had a computer shipped UPS a while back.It never made it to her home,and after checking the UPS site,it showed that the package had been delivered to her house AND signed for.

It turned out that all the while,the package had been sitting on her next door neighbors porch(they were out of town,I guess)and the computer sat out in the weather,rain blowing in on it,etc,for three or four days!