How does this work and what payment “secure” is best

Old 12-16-2022, 01:53 PM
W56
SHOW GUEST

Default How does this work and what payment “secure” is best

So I just recently signed up and listed my first listing. I have someone I interested in the item they want me to give my name and address so they can send me a check then they said they’d send their own courier and pay for that themselves. It’s 1000lb scales located in iowa the text message buyer is in California. Please advise I don’t want to get scammed.
Old 12-17-2022, 05:22 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

its a scam, block and walk away

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 01-14-2023, 03:48 PM
qtrmilebandit
SHOW GUEST

It’s a scam. Every time I list an item, I usually get the same response within the hour(s) of first day. Will pay by certified bank check, usually more than you’re asking for. Sentences aren’t composed properly, using wrong words and spelling. Trying to get your personal info and possibly compromise your personal accounts. Like I said before (scam) stay away.
P.S. Also beware the google number scam. They’ll send a number to you, usually a text from google. They want you to give them that number, don’t ever do it. Look up google number scam, scary what they can do to your personal info.