Need some advise Guys...

Old 01-23-2009, 06:51 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Yep it's 1471 moonyham hardcoated, setup by Littlefield, the only thing i don't like about the mag buzzard catcher is you let it set for a year and you gotta polish it again, but it will be shinny when it goes in the Anglia.

Zip.
Old 01-23-2009, 09:22 PM
ashbros
RACING JUNKIE

Hey Bjuice.
You have probably seen the clip before but if you watch the first part of it that is a sbc with a 144 on it running with 4 lbs boost 10:70 :twisted:

http://www.racingjunk.com/video_gallery/60574

throw a 125 shot to it and cranked the boost to 10 lbs put it in the high nines
Ran a jimmy evans blower carb off one of my blower motors that flowed 1060cfm small cam 515 int/exh 114 lobe sep stock bottom end w/flat top pistons 64 cc chambered heads brodix track 1"s
Old 01-27-2009, 02:55 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

that thing will scoot. No question..lol

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 02-14-2009, 09:48 PM
ashbros
RACING JUNKIE

On a more serious note, on the dyno I have seen HP numbers from 90 to 120 HP pushing 8 lbs of boost, toss a 100 shot and now you have something.

My boy likes using a 1050 blower carb on small blocks when running a blower, Don't ask me how he tunes it but he does and I be darn if it don't run like a bat out of heck. If you try this I could ask him what he did when he set his carb up.

I know in the video, you may have seen they have that lil motor juiced up, but heres the combo they were running prior to alcohol and nitro.

sbc 355 CID
10:1 Flat Top Piston
515 lift intake & Exhaust Hyd. cam w/ 110 lobe sep.
brodix track 1 heads w/ 64 cc chambers he work over pretty good with a port and polish job, Wieand 142 blower 10lbs boost, Jimmy Evans 1050 Blower carb, (The carb came off one of my 2x4 blower set ups for a BBC)
ran 10:23 in the orange s-10 on pump gas. He threw a 150 shot to it with race fuel & ran 9.62.

This was a low budget build with used parts except the new pistons.

Just something to chew on.
Old 04-08-2009, 12:53 PM
racecrafter
JOURNEYMAN

hey bjuice, have not been here in a while, sounds like a fun car.

If you are at 460 now and 550 is your upper limit the cam thats in it should not be a problem....but you may still push your comfort zone with that 177 and 8lbs.
The suspension question reminds me of a car a buddy of mine and I shared back in the seventies, 63 box car (nova), mono leaf with J bolt bars. Sounds like someone was trying to find a setup that would have some spring travel and still kind of work at the track....those springs do wind up a lot... but if the snubber on the slapper bars is more than a half inch from the spring it sounds like there is to much pinnion angle. Ballpark 3 degrees with rubber snubber touching the spring.
Old 04-08-2009, 12:56 PM
racecrafter
JOURNEYMAN

forgot something.....getting old.....
have you thought about a gear vendors unit....keep the rear gear you have.
gear vendors=.78 overdrive