Now we're talking!

Old 06-28-2010, 03:01 PM
qtrmile2
DYNO OPERATOR

Nice job - way to go. It's hard to get those wins.
Old 06-28-2010, 07:15 PM
THERATTLER
RACING JUNKIE

Well ,neither Charlie or Myself took home the money Saturday Night. its terrible to lose when your car goes too fast...a much needed rain right before the races cooled the air off nicely and the cars were running great , but as the night wore on it cooled alot and we ran too good..oh well there is always next time..the Rattler (my wife) and I did get to meet some good people off of racing junk forum , CEPX111( great racer and nice guy), suicide bomb ( big fellow) and his BETTER half (looked that way to me ) , the Zipper (now theres a character everybody needs to meet in person) and my old friend Jimmy Smith and his wife and his friend Tommy Fowler......Guys , we really had a great time and the trip was worth every mile..lets do it again later this year and see if we can get a few more members to attend..thanks for the hospitality,,,Paul & Judy

I wish we had taken a group picture before we left..did anybody get any pics??
Old 06-28-2010, 08:26 PM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

Paul, Judy.... It sure was nice meeting ya'll. Thanks for making the trek.

Even though neither of us walked away with any money, the memories will be forever etched in my mind.
Good friends & good times. What more can a person ask for?
We are truely rich in that aspect :wink:

Your one helluva racer Paul, I like that mustang even if it is a ford :shock: .... :P

I for one am looking forward to doing this again.

John your the man, wish we could of talked longer and I'm sorry I missed out on that Gumbo, maybe next time.

Earl & Gayla, Jimmy Smith, Tommy Fowler, as always it was super nice meeting all of you, next time bring some racecars and maybe one of us will get in the winners circle! >Cp
Old 06-29-2010, 12:00 AM
suicidebomb
RACING JUNKIE

I can't even begin to tell all of you what an honor and privilege, it was, to finally get to shake paws, with all y'all. It's Gayla's, and myself's, opinion, that we enjoyed something, much better, and far more rewarding, than any prize given out, in any winners circle, anywhere, anytime. I'm still grinning, like a mule eating sawbriar. That's for you Charlie! :wink: Without a doubt the best road trip, Gayla, and I, have ever taken. Not for what we saw, but for WHO, we saw, and were allowed to spend some time with :!:
"Later J. Smith, 4621 racing", sorry about stealing the screwdriver from ya, I'll get that back to ya, next year.lol Take good care, of that typing finger.
Zip, thanks for the "gumbos", where in hell, do ya hunt them "gumbos" at anyway? I'm thinkin' I may take up, "gumbo" huntin', but only if it don't involve tequila. :P
Tommy Fowler, quite possibly the happiest feller, I ever met. Thanks for the tips, on gettin' thru tech.
Maniac, and Rattler, we loved your consistant little "stang". Will you give those "funny lookin' watch cows" a pet from us? Yeppers we got pics, I'm gonna post some up, when we get them unloaded, from this pitcher takin' contraption, and I sober up.
Last, but certainly, not least, Charlie, thanks for sharing your home, and hospitality, with us. You, Viv, and Cody Lee, are the "best in the west". We'll never be able to thank you enough. Sorry about the 2am phone calls, oh, and the snake in the toilet thingy, I swear Charlie, I didn't know he was pizenous.

Y'all gotta do somethin', about them "skeeters". Me an Gayla, look like escapees, from the "chickin pox institute". I saw two of 'em, settin' in the grandstand, smokin' ceegars, and swillin' a half pint of "off".

Earl and Gayla Follett
Old 06-29-2010, 12:06 AM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by suicidebomb

Y'all gotta do somethin', about them "skeeters". Me an Gayla, look like escapees, from the "chickin pox institute". I saw two of 'em, settin' in the grandstand, smokin' ceegars, and swillin' a half pint of "off".

Earl and Gayla Follett
Next time lay off the axe body spray Earl

Them skeeters know new meat when they see it, I sicked them on ya anyways, I gott'um trained, not a bite on me brother...lol
Old 07-02-2010, 02:25 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

I finally got back too La. afetr spending a week up in Ms. cleaning mold from my Sardis lake house, man what a hassle and i only got a small amount of water in one room, from the 10"s of the Memphis flood. It was great to meet up with Earl and Gala, Paul and Judy and Charlie, it's true only Charlie and Paul brought their cars and neither one was in the money, but meeting everyone in person made the trip Soooo special, someting i'll never forget. Paul and i only live 50 miles apart so i'll be traveling too his track to race in the near future. Earl don't let Charlie fool you about the mosquito's ask him who he borrowed some OFF from also and Earl (Gala) is a special one of a kind, you once told me she probably saved your life, i can believe that because she seem very caring, and no i'm not bringing any tequlia unless i don't have to get out of bed next day. Cheers to all who showed up let's definately do it again and i will bring my car next time.

Zip.
Old 07-02-2010, 08:58 PM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by zipper06
I finally got back too La. afetr spending a week up in Ms. cleaning mold from my Sardis lake house, man what a hassle and i only got a small amount of water in one room, from the 10"s of the Memphis flood. It was great to meet up with Earl and Gala, Paul and Judy and Charlie, it's true only Charlie and Paul brought their cars and neither one was in the money, but meeting everyone in person made the trip Soooo special, someting i'll never forget. Paul and i only live 50 miles apart so i'll be traveling too his track to race in the near future. Earl don't let Charlie fool you about the mosquito's ask him who he borrowed some OFF from also and Earl (Gala) is a special one of a kind, you once told me she probably saved your life, i can believe that because she seem very caring, and no i'm not bringing any tequlia unless i don't have to get out of bed next day. Cheers to all who showed up let's definately do it again and i will bring my car next time.

Zip.
Now you done let the cat out the bag John, it was just a touch to keep them ankle biters at bay, least I didnt put any on my head like Earl did :shock: ...lol
Old 07-03-2010, 09:03 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Did any of you help Earl out with his delay box while you were together?
Old 07-03-2010, 11:03 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Tod74
Did any of you help Earl out with his delay box while you were together?
Todd, that's kinda funny, the delay box did come up in our conversations during the nite. Jimmy Smith runs the 7.00 heads up class on a pro tree. I made several different release plungers for his PG, moving the undercuts, bigger and smaller undercuts,etc. We got it worked out that his 3,000lb plus Camero actually goes red on a 4.00 tree. It goes red so often that he has to put .015 in the delay box to run a 4.00 tree. Almost no one believes that. But it was proven at the last 7.00 race when a pro racer said no way. He went 3.87 red on the first run, and the guy said he was antisipating the lite. Well Jimmy said o'k watch this, he dialed in .015 in the box and next run went .404 and proceded to run .400's all nite. But the answer to your question is no, Earl/suicide bomb, has yet to use his trans brake and in fact only sets at idle on the starting line and punches it with a 5500 stall converter. He has a lot to gain from the 9.12 he has ran so far this yr. He's not slow he just has to get used too the car with a better cam and motor. I think he can run 8.60's or better, but when his best previous run was 9.40 last yr. it's kinda a learning courve.

Zip.
Old 07-04-2010, 06:57 AM
suicidebomb
RACING JUNKIE

Default What I did on summer vacation....

I talked with Jimmie Smith twice, LOL. Charlie, is that moonshine, in that glass?

Maniac, giving Landon Allen, some tips on his gearshifting technique. Ms. Rattler, looking on.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -