Has anyone else had a bad experience with Naylor Racing??

Old 01-15-2013, 04:18 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

I'll add $.02 more of my cents to this. If this were my motor and it did have some issues when I installed it I have a good enough relationship and trust with my builder that it would be repaired by him without any problem. He would also help me if I needed his help to resove the fuel issues.

I will also add I'm not a wiz at working on a dyno, but I promise you my motor guy can make the dyno results say anything you want it to. + or - 200 hp no problem.

Again jmo, but this thread is beyond getting anything resolved.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:28 PM
BEAST477
RACING JUNKIE

Wow this is still going on? Have you done any research as to why your engine falls off at 6200? I would figure that out and I wouldn't be surprised that you find your missing 150hp. Just a guess but what do I know. Definitly not as much as some of the others that tried to help you. Ok let it rip I can take it.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:23 AM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by BEAST477
Wow this is still going on? Have you done any research as to why your engine falls off at 6200? I would figure that out and I wouldn't be surprised that you find your missing 150hp. Just a guess but what do I know. Definitly not as much as some of the others that tried to help you. Ok let it rip I can take it.
True Beast... I don't know as much as most of them either... it is weird the motor falls at 6200.

I was thinking this thing would be resolved by now (I have been gone for a while). I can see this is looking like a futile deal. I know that I have defended him here on this thread some; but talking SMACK to my friends is not going to work here... makes it not matter what happened.... just minimizes anything that could have been discussed in a adult manner. So why is the motor falling at 6200??? Is it the cam???
Old 01-20-2013, 08:26 AM
mrmopar622
JUNIOR BUILDER

Originally Posted by Scooterz
Originally Posted by BEAST477
True Beast... I don't know as much as most of them either... it is weird the motor falls at 6200.

I was thinking this thing would be resolved by now (I have been gone for a while). I can see this is looking like a futile deal. I know that I have defended him here on this thread some; but talking SMACK to my friends is not going to work here... makes it not matter what happened.... just minimizes anything that could have been discussed in a adult manner. So why is the motor falling at 6200??? Is it the cam???
Sorry I haven't been back to answer everyone's questions, but been very busy this week. In next post I will explain.

As for the engine falling off after 6400 rpm it could be several things. If you look at the performance graph I included with the dyno results, you can see how smooth & straight the lines are, there is no fuel or ignition related problems. We turned the engine to 7200 rpm it did not miss a beat, have any fuel problems, just started dropping hp after 6400 rpm. From the looks of the intake & exhaust port there has been very little to no machine work done on the heads, from the way they had double stacked the intake gaskets instead of using the proper one and using 1/2" of silicone in the end rails of intake instead of making a spacer, you have to wonder about the quality of work that was done on the heads. Even though the cam is a little to small, there is a possibility it is not degreed correctly.
Here is something my lawyer caught, the only input Naylor offered was the two engine build sheets. One was a copy of my 632 cu in engine build with the Dart heads the other he claimed was the engine build with the Brodix Head Hunter heads. The one he claimed he offered me that would make the 1100+hp, the one I could not afford, was a 600 cu in engine build. With reference to his ads on RJ, my lawyer said perhaps Naylor built me a 600 cu in engine in place of a 632 cu in engine. That could very well be a reason for the horsepower not being what I bought. I did not want to pull the heads or do anything else to the engine without Naylor's consent. Because I had already made my mind up if he was not willing to make things right or compensate me, I would go to the next step, hiring a lawyer.
Old 01-20-2013, 08:45 AM
mrmopar622
JUNIOR BUILDER

I was hoping Jimmy Naylor would come on here and with your help, he and I could work things out. By now it should be crystal clear to everyone Naylor is not willing to do that. Before I found out about the scammer watch on here I had made my mind up, if Naylor did not do the right thing, I would get a lawyer and take it to court. I have been waiting on my W-2 to make sure I would not have to pay like last year before I proceeded. My lawyer who is also a racer, said my record keeping(with Naylor's permission taping all phone conversations, keeping all emails and having all receipts) would be a big plus. I have never been a big fan of suing people, but sometimes people leave you no alternative. When all is said and done, if anyone wants, I will come back with updates on how things turned out.
Old 01-20-2013, 11:17 AM
wazup
EXPERT BUILDER

I am like everyone else i have no dog in this fight. I have watch this thread from the start. I would have no problem also dealing with Jimmy or referring anyone to him. I have seen his engines for many years running with good power in a variety of different cars.

Billy you have every wright to get what you paid for regaurdless of the deal he made with you. I think you got a hell of a deal!!! I too have seen where dyno's very from outside ones to inside ones and controlled dyno's. My thoughts on dyno's is for breaking in a engine and finding a base line tune for that engine, as for why the engine falls off thats anyones geuss with out seeing it for them self.

Billy getting into a pissing match with the guys on here is going to get you nowhere. I know you are frustrated and it sounds like you want to take it out on someone. David (Hammertime) is only trying to help and if he's asking you for the dyno sheet that shows something of intrest to him then you should post it. I will say this i've only been on here for a short time and if you want results these guys will get to the bottom of them as for scammers. I dont beleive you have been scammed but not satisfied.

Billy there is one thing on your last posts you made and from others is you have already madeup your mind that you are going to sue Jimmy. I have read where you said from the begining that you recorded phones calls, saved emails ect. thats telling me you knew this was coming and you just wanted to see how many people would ride along. I think you should just put the engine in you dragster run it and you might just be surprised. I am sorry for you guys that this couldnt have a better out come.

Robert Price
Old 01-24-2013, 10:19 AM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Well Said Robert!! Well said.....
Old 01-26-2013, 02:47 PM
PreciseEngine
SHOW GUEST

Simply taking it to a superflow dyno instead of the stutska it will show 5+% more hp.Proven time and time again stutska dyno's read low compare to the superflow dyno's.Correction factor is another issue.google it.
If you didn't plan on changing your oil and cutting apart your filter you need a kick in the ass.80 bucks is on you.
As for the intake gaskets yes Nailer should square up with you in my opinion.Otherwise have a nice day you got a gift for 11,500.

P/s no way and I mean no way should that engine fall off at 6400rpm
Old 02-18-2013, 06:23 PM
wazup
EXPERT BUILDER

Billy, whats the latest did you put the engine in and if so how does it run? I see you come on here and check the thread so let us know.