bg 280 fuel pump

Old 10-31-2010, 01:38 PM
skyhighracing
APPRENTICE

Default bg 280 fuel pump

Hi there, looking for some help. I had a fuel leak on the brass plug on the back of the pump so I unscrewed it carefully to replace the o ring. Nothing happened while I was taking the o ring off the metal plunger and spring shot out. I got the plunger and part of the spring. It’s very short and looks to be broken. I cannot find the rest of the spring. Just wondering if someone has a spring or maybe a pump they wouldn't mind taking the spring out and give me a measurement of how long the spring is. I can get a spring if I knew how long it needs to be. I know this is asking a lot and thanks for your help. I called BG but they will not ship any parts.
Old 10-31-2010, 01:50 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: bg 280 fuel pump

Originally Posted by skyhighracing
Hi there, looking for some help. I had a fuel leak on the brass plug on the back of the pump so I unscrewed it carefully to replace the o ring. Nothing happened while I was taking the o ring off the metal plunger and spring shot out. I got the plunger and part of the spring. It’s very short and looks to be broken. I cannot find the rest of the spring. Just wondering if someone has a spring or maybe a pump they wouldn't mind taking the spring out and give me a measurement of how long the spring is. I can get a spring if I knew how long it needs to be. I know this is asking a lot and thanks for your help. I called BG but they will not ship any parts.
what did BG SAY?
Old 10-31-2010, 03:28 PM
skyhighracing
APPRENTICE

Default bg 280 fuel pump

i called bg last week for a seal and they said they do not ship parts. they want you to send the pump to them .
Old 10-31-2010, 03:55 PM
markdunlap
DYNO OPERATOR

Default bg 280

Someone on this site advertises a seal kit. Maybe they will help you with a spring? Do a search for BG seal kit. There are several similar brands that use the same type seal. Maybe they will sell you parts? Flow Products I think is one.
Old 11-02-2010, 04:12 AM
skyhighracing
APPRENTICE

Default bg fuel pump

yes, i have bought a seal kit from the guy your talking about. i did write him about the spring but haven't heard back yet. thanks
Old 11-02-2010, 05:22 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

this is just one of many issues BG pumps have, check out ebay a lot of times there is a complete rebuild kit including spring.
Old 11-03-2010, 04:02 AM
skyhighracing
APPRENTICE

Default bg fuel pump

checked ebay no luck.