Anyone been to Roy Hill's Drag Racing School?

Old 01-12-2008, 10:33 AM
jmtire
JOURNEYMAN

Hey zipper06 are you going to race that Anglia, or be one of those guys , yup I got one, sure looks good on the trailer. PS ---got my ass handed to me by a 69er, i had 024,--- he had 010.
Old 01-12-2008, 10:35 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Best school for bracket racing www.perfectrun.com Edmond Richardsons puts it on. I've had a few friends go and said it was well worth the money.
Old 01-12-2008, 04:51 PM
rob41willys
SENIOR BUILDER

I think it would be best if you just brought your car out to some test and tunes. Especially if you have never driven a really fast car before and a new one at that. Do some easy launches to get comfortable in the car and then work your way up. Besides if your going to run under 10 seconds you will have to go thru licenseing procedures anyway. Just my thoughts and good luck. P.S that first time you run it out they wont be able to pry the smile off your face
Old 01-12-2008, 07:18 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by jmtire
Hey zipper06 are you going to race that Anglia, or be one of those guys , yup I got one, sure looks good on the trailer. PS ---got my a$$ handed to me by a 69er, i had 024,--- he had 010.
HeHe, my Malibu is not a trailer queen, but it's only a 6.50 car, but i did set out the 2007 season due having cataracs and all the racing here is done at night. BUT, in Dec. i had both my eyes fixed, and for the first time in my life, i was able to pass the DMV/lics with 20/25 vision. with no glasses, i can now see miles down the road and i will be racing my butt off in 2008.
The Anglia may be a hand full but i've been there before.
It's in the trailer not on the trailer, it's got it's own house.

PS, my friend Jimmy Smith, 4 yrs behind me cuts the damest lights i've ever seen, regularly .015 and under, last race worst light was .011 in 5 rounds, worst run 7.00 class was a 7.03.

Zip.
Old 01-13-2008, 06:34 AM
jmtire
JOURNEYMAN

Zipper06 you'd better put more delay in!!!!!!! I hope you have great time, keep us posted.
Old 01-13-2008, 11:44 AM
Scotty2
SENIOR BUILDER

I heard Topsportsman1 went,but didnt make the cut ........couldn't find Reverse :lol:
Old 01-13-2008, 02:38 PM
topsportsman1
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

LOL
Na I didn't go to that school,but my son got his pro stock license there
Old 01-14-2008, 03:40 AM
Scotty2
SENIOR BUILDER

See he knew to back up after his John Force burnout lol guess it doesn't run in the family lmao :lol:
Old 01-18-2008, 04:34 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by zipper06
I'm with jmtire, on this one, go to the track T&T, best way to learn the tree is with a stocker, heck even your daily driver. OOPS !!!, make that your wife's daily driver in case you break it. :lol:
I've been racing all my life since 16 yrs. old and still learn something everytime i go to the track. age don't mean crap if you still feel good, i'm knocking on the door of 69yrs. old, and am in the process of building a blown alcohol Anglia.
I think the schools are good if you're going professional racing, in a super fast and dangerous car. But for the 1,000's of racers that make up drag racing (not the pro ranks) they cost too much money for too little gain.

JMO

Zip.
I had car problems once and ended up running the truck that I use to haul it down there instead of the car....radio on, air conditioning..put it in overdrive and held her to the floor. Went a couple of rounds( running trophy) then a buddy suggested I lower the tailgate and I broke out....it was almost more fun than running the car because everyone knew it couldn't get out of it's own way.... We even took shoe polish and put a big white stripe on the tire .
Old 01-27-2008, 09:53 AM
harley12110
APPRENTICE

i would highly recomend jim harringtons school he is the best i went there for my license and he had others learning brackets and racing from him very impressed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -