i got scamed by guy named steven davis

Old 08-04-2011, 01:40 PM
manley
JUNIOR BUILDER

there was guy called me about 2weeks ago from Macon Ga. about a 632 Ive got for sale! he seemed real interested asked if i could meet him halfway bla,bla bla,! I said dont know about halfway but maybe I would meet a few hours from my house, he was all excited until i told him before I would pull the motor out dragster and go anywhere I want 50% deposit up front! then he had to talk to someone else and that person would contact me in a few hours,,,,,,,,,and that never happend! I bet its the same guy!
Old 08-04-2011, 09:02 PM
Incognegro
DYNO TECH

Did you post the ad on here or Craigslist? Lets set this fucker up!!! Im game, Ill open up a can of whoop ass on him.
Old 08-05-2011, 02:54 AM
shawnp
RACING JUNKIE

WOW I had not read this until now. I still have his phone number written down on a piece of paper in the motor home!!! He called me about my 582 that I have listed for sale. I told him to bring cash and pick it up or stay at home. I never got a return call.
Old 08-05-2011, 11:25 AM
manley
JUNIOR BUILDER

Originally Posted by Julianthe3rd
Did you post the ad on here or Craigslist? Lets set this fr up!!! Im game, Ill open up a can of whoop ass on him.
It on RJ! he was calling from a private number, so I didnt get a phone#!
Old 08-05-2011, 11:31 AM
Incognegro
DYNO TECH

Originally Posted by manley
Originally Posted by Julianthe3rd
Did you post the ad on here or Craigslist? Lets set this fr up!!! Im game, Ill open up a can of whoop ass on him.
It on RJ! he was calling from a private number, so I didnt get a phone#!
Not sure if you knew this but when someone calls you even from a private number you can hit *57 after they call and it will lock that origin in the phone companies records and you can get a police report and they can subpeopena the information. We use it all the time in NJ for harassment cases. Most likely the phone he called form is a pre paid drop phone or on a stolen CC account. but you know the guy is into race cars and engines so thats a start.
Old 08-05-2011, 02:59 PM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by shawnp
WOW I had not read this until now. I still have his phone number written down on a piece of paper in the motor home!!! He called me about my 582 that I have listed for sale. I told him to bring cash and pick it up or stay at home. I never got a return call.
shawn see if you can find that number, might be able to do a little bactracking!

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 08-06-2011, 07:05 AM
Incognegro
DYNO TECH

Most likely the numbers will come back to a drop phone or phone purchased with a stolen CC and the guy was never even near GA. He was a local, NY, NJ, CT scammer or part of a network of scammers if he was that smart. If he was stupid and wants to get caught he would call from a phone in his name, which I doubt he would.

The key to catch this fucker would have been the woman with the temp tag over the real tag. Where Im from we usually have outbreaks of this type of stuff for a few weeks or months and then they move on to the next area.

There actually is a new scam where they are washing titles for cars and taking deposits for cars and giving people reworked titles that are not for the car they think they are buying. What gets me is what idiot would give an $8000 deposit for a car from Craigs list and take the title with them, and agree to pick the car up with the rest of the money??
Old 08-07-2011, 04:42 AM
shawnp
RACING JUNKIE

Had to dig up the old phone bill but here it is!!!

07/16 01:07 PM 478-297-3028 MACON,GA NW/AU
Old 08-07-2011, 04:56 AM
joe2412
JOURNEYMAN

who ever had the phone number in there truck please email me privetly so i can match my number to yours to see if it is the same guy thanks please keep up the good work on trying to find this guy i want him caught thanks joe gilliam
Old 08-07-2011, 06:47 AM
Incognegro
DYNO TECH

Originally Posted by joe2412
who ever had the phone number in there truck please email me privetly so i can match my number to yours to see if it is the same guy thanks please keep up the good work on trying to find this guy i want him caught thanks joe gilliam
Try running the reverse look up on "beenverified.com" but most likely the number is a drop phone or stolen phone and the scammer actually is not even in GA.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -