i got scamed by guy named steven davis

Old 07-28-2011, 07:20 PM
joe2412
JOURNEYMAN

Default i got scamed by guy named steven davis

i got scamed buy this man steven davis said he was from macom geogria i had my new 388 stroker motor for sale on r/j he called me and asked all the right stuff then called the next day to set up the pick up times and area he said to me how would like to get paid i said cash is king then he proceded to tell me that he dosen't do cash as he got screwed out of another motor deal where a guy gave him a motor with no bearings so he insisted on a certified check from a bank in macom georgia where his shop was located i said that is fine he then sent a girl sara so she said to pick up the motor in a new BMW suv i loaded the motor in the vechical she handed me the check i looked at it and it looked very real till i went to cash it the bank said the check was fake so people beware!!!!!!!!! this is a good scam and the checks look real i'm out a motor and the cash i thought i was going to receive 4000.00 dollars if any body out there has gottin scamed by this man please call me at 609 408 9180 thanks joe gilliam
Old 07-28-2011, 09:47 PM
chads55chevy
APPRENTICE

Default Scammer

Friend, I feel for ya...Even though I often get paid from deals with certified bank checks, Ya gotta cash em first opportunity. Nothing leaves my place until I have green money in my hands. sorry to hear you got jammed. I'll keep my antenna up and keep ya posted if I hear anything my way. Chad...
Old 07-28-2011, 09:52 PM
chads55chevy
APPRENTICE

Default Scammer

Now you got to do reverse sting operation. Have some of your friend(s) advertise motors...More chances to atractt the bastard. (similiar money) and then maybe you can lure him in. And catch the bastard.
Old 07-29-2011, 03:02 AM
joe2412
JOURNEYMAN

ya i'm looking to do that sting thing some friends are going to do that for me thanks everybody for your advise keep you ears and eyes open thank joe g
Old 07-29-2011, 04:01 AM
Scorpion1110
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by joe2412
ya i'm looking to do that sting thing some friends are going to do that for me thanks everybody for your advise keep you ears and eyes open thank joe g
Reverse Sting? LOL. Great idea.

THE GUY GAVE YOU A BAD CHECK- Thats illegal. Contact local LE and report him. Make sure they understand that its a check fraud scam, and its been running locally.

BTW, were you smart enough to get the guy's info? the Plate number of the SUV? Do you have his email, phone number and address? Did you Google him for more info? Did you use any of the reverse data look-up's on his cell number.

Do yourself a favor. Get organized, gather your info, and write down exactly what happened so you can give a statement to LE.

BTW- cashing a certified check before you give the goods means zippo. Often banks will put through the check as cash, then when it bounces reverse your account to a negative position.

Transactions should always be cash. Any kind of check should be presented to the bank and let them tell you what the hold period is. You then release the goods at the end of the hold period on the banks authority. Give the buyer a receipt for their check. Release goods when the check clears. Don't believe me? ASK your bank.

Folks, this stuff is not that hard- All it takes is a phone call or visit to your bank.

Bjuice has said it before, everybody gets so excited about a deal (his term is greed), that they don't do their homework.

Guess what? The US is a big place, there's always another buyer.

The best deals are often the one's you walk away from.

Scorp
Old 07-29-2011, 08:15 AM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Agreed. I would start trying to find that BMW & info... along with the lady who drove it... after all, she is his accomplice. Catch her, she might be very useful when she realizes she will be punished the same for the crime Steven Davis designed.
Old 07-29-2011, 03:40 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Scorpion1110
Reverse Sting? LOL. Great idea.

THE GUY GAVE YOU A BAD CHECK- Thats illegal. Contact local LE and report him. Make sure they understand that its a check fraud scam, and its been running locally.

BTW, were you smart enough to get the guy's info? the Plate number of the SUV? Do you have his email, phone number and address? Did you Google him for more info? Did you use any of the reverse data look-up's on his cell number.

Do yourself a favor. Get organized, gather your info, and write down exactly what happened so you can give a statement to LE.

BTW- cashing a certified check before you give the goods means zippo. Often banks will put through the check as cash, then when it bounces reverse your account to a negative position.

Transactions should always be cash. Any kind of check should be presented to the bank and let them tell you what the hold period is. You then release the goods at the end of the hold period on the banks authority. Give the buyer a receipt for their check. Release goods when the check clears. Don't believe me? ASK your bank.

Folks, this stuff is not that hard- All it takes is a phone call or visit to your bank.

Bjuice has said it before, everybody gets so excited about a deal (his term is greed), that they don't do their homework.

Guess what? The US is a big place, there's always another buyer.

The best deals are often the one's you walk away from.

Scorp
well said Scorp !

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 07-30-2011, 04:57 AM
joe2412
JOURNEYMAN

the tag was covered with a paper dealer tag i could not see the real tag i snaped a photo of the dealer tag and it is fake also according to the L/A of mount laurel n.j. I did reverse google his number and it came up in macom georgia in a verizon wireless store phone good one uhg!! and scrop i'm trying everything and anything thanks for all the advise guys joe g
Old 07-30-2011, 05:48 AM
Scorpion1110
RACING JUNKIE

the tag was covered with a paper dealer tag i could not see the real tag i snaped a photo of the dealer tag and it is fake also according to the L/A of mount laurel n.j. I did reverse google his number and it came up in macom georgia in a verizon wireless store phone good one uhg!! and scrop i'm trying everything and anything thanks for all the advise guys joe g
So you have a fake certified check and bogus license plates. Have you spoken to LE and informed them of this? You are also dealing with multiple states- I would think LE would find this pretty interesting.

BTW- to obtain info via reverse lookup on the cell will cost you a few dollars- There are database searchers like Intellius that will provide info on the cell number if its out there.

So did you speak to Law Enforcement and what did they say?

Scorp
Old 07-30-2011, 11:15 AM
crazyhorse1
APPRENTICE

had a buddy of mine got took on the same scam. picked the engine up after 6 when the banks are closed so he could not cash it. he had his engine posted on craigslist. some sorry sob's out there!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -