JE Piston Tech

Old 10-22-2008, 08:48 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Default Stupid question maybe

How much compression can be made with a 434" S/BLK with SB2.2 heads, most heads are close to 50CC's. I know that alcohlol will not really work at less than 13.1 compression. Does JE make a piston for this combo. I would not put SRP's in my lawn mower, and Probe is a much better piston than SRP will ever be.

Don't mean to be abrasive but facts are facts.

JMO

Zip.
Old 10-23-2008, 12:47 AM
edvancedengines
DYNO OPERATOR

Location: VA Hospital, Dallas, Tx (214 302 1924) cell-972-464-7400

If you are wanting a bad to the bone Nitrous Piston, I believe I sell what is one of the best there is. They are not sold for same money as Probe SRP or any of those though. I can make them as competive as any top name Custom Nitrous Piston is.

Ed
Old 10-23-2008, 07:30 AM
ARUSSELL
MASTER BUILDER

Default Re: Stupid question maybe

Originally Posted by zipper06
How much compression can be made with a 434" S/BLK with SB2.2 heads, most heads are close to 50CC's. I know that alcohlol will not really work at less than 13.1 compression. Does JE make a piston for this combo. I would not put SRP's in my lawn mower, and Probe is a much better piston than SRP will ever be.

JMO

Zip.
A 434 with a SB2 head you can get about 15.2 to 1. We dont have any shelf piston but can make it as a custom. SRP has its market and nothing close to what you are doing, our briggs lawnmower parts are JE. LOL
Old 10-23-2008, 07:34 AM
ARUSSELL
MASTER BUILDER

ED,

Sorry we have never talked before so I am not familiar with your shop and your capablities, so this is not ment to put you down or look bad but where do you get forgings and what type of machinery do you have?
Old 10-23-2008, 07:37 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

JMO

Zip.
What is wrong with SRP ? just curious.
Old 10-23-2008, 09:38 AM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Tod74

JMO

Zip.
What is wrong with SRP ? just curious.

The SRP pistons are made out of a 4032 alloy that is not as strong as a 2618 uded in a tradtional JE, I woulf not reccomend more then a 200Hp shot on a SRP. We do have some nitrous specific pistons what combo are you running?

And this is from the man who sells them. If you're close to the ragged edge in RPM and close to lean for the best performance they are too brittle. I've had one failure with them and 2 failures with Wisco pistons. All on Alcohol. I want use a Mahle piston either.

JMO

Zip.
Old 10-23-2008, 10:06 AM
ARUSSELL
MASTER BUILDER

The SRP and all 4032 alloy pistons were never designed to be a full racing piston. The 4032 Alloy is more brittle due to the high silicon content. For a street engine it is nice to run a 4032 due to the smaller expansion rate. I have SRP in my 383 that makes 594hp and 531 torque in my daily driver. I built this engine knowing that nitrous or alcohol would never be used. I will say and gladly tell anybody when they are going beyond the abillities of a SRP.

Zip you need a 2618 piston no question.
Old 10-23-2008, 10:10 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

so alcohol is a NO- NO with SRP'S? even without NOS
Old 10-23-2008, 10:42 AM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Yes Sir, ARUSSELL,

I didn't learn this until about 5 yrs. ago, and i have 2 engines with JE pistons in them, 1 a 434" and the other a 377" both on alcohol. There's no question in my mind that JE's are one of the best if not the best pistons on the market. I always look to JE any time i build an engine if they have the combo i need and i've built 3 this yr. for other people, they whine about the price, but they would whine a lot more if it broke.

JMO

Zip.
Old 10-23-2008, 11:09 AM
ARUSSELL
MASTER BUILDER

Yes Sir, ARUSSELL,

I didn't learn this until about 5 yrs. ago, and i have 2 engines with JE pistons in them, 1 a 434" and the other a 377" both on alcohol. There's no question in my mind that JE's are one of the best if not the best pistons on the market. I always look to JE any time i build an engine if they have the combo i need and i've built 3 this yr. for other people, they whine about the price, but they would whine a lot more if it broke.

JMO

Zip.
We do apreciate the loyality and the business, expecially when there are so many companies to choose from.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -