which street mufflers

Old 08-10-2009, 09:03 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

I personally think it's better to turn them out in front of the rear tires, you can use flat exits like the NASCAR do for clearance and most of the viberations are gone.

JMO

Zip.
Old 08-10-2009, 09:22 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

I think I read on SPEEDTALK that flowmasters were not a very good muffler. NOT VENDOR BASHING just mentioning what I read...It seems that an engine builder on there had dyno data to back that up, but I can't say for sure they are not good mufflers..but if you aren't racing it doesn't mater I guess. I always liked the sound of plain jane turbo mufflers with a crossover pipe turned down no tail pipes. Nice and quiet(sorta) with a nice sound. I would never run dual exhaust without a crossover pipe..I HATE that cackling sound you get without it, if that makes sense.Almost like those hideous glass packs.
Old 08-10-2009, 09:33 PM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

Tod Tod Tod.........I know you aint bashing on glasspaks. Man what am I gonna do? LOL I had glass paks on my first car with was a 1970 Ranchero with a 302 dual exhaust with no crossover pipe. I loved the way it sounded. Plus when they were nice and hot i stuck a hose in it to get all the "stuff" out of them. It had a nice deep rumble to it. Now I would go with flowmasters cuz I love that sound when they are bout halfway then dump down.
Old 08-10-2009, 09:58 PM
OneBadGMC
RACING JUNKIE

There's what ya need... along with a set of ear plugs so ya dont go tone deaf!!!
Old 08-10-2009, 10:01 PM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 08-11-2009, 07:34 AM
signsbyesa
RACING JUNKIE

cheery bomb has made a come back, i used the hush thrush and
they sounded great, i don't like very loud on the street, good
luck :wink:
Old 08-11-2009, 09:56 AM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Tod you may need to call me FOR THERAPY!lol How can you not like good old glass packs on a big block??! Nothing sounds better than the deep rumble of a new set of glass packs!!
Old 08-11-2009, 11:45 AM
RAYSIN
SHOW GUEST

Originally Posted by OneBadGMC
Originally Posted by RAYSIN
Borla makes probably the best! (stainless) flowmasters rot out unless you drill a drain hole and the smaller 2 chamber are noisey as s but are likely what will fit with the 4 link, the borla are pricey but worth it! IMO
Stop driving like grandpa and your mufflers won't rot out. :shock:
fsdragster said he was looking for mufflers for a street car, probably not gonna be driven every day, most guys start their cars periodically when there not driven daily thats where the moisture builds up and the rot starts, i have the flowmaster 2 chamber on my street strip car and havnt had issues but i drive it hard every week, stainless is the way to go for street use, magnaflow makes a good stainless performance muffler too, i put one on my tow veh 3 years ago, still looks new
Old 08-11-2009, 12:40 PM
fsdragster
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

that is one of the reasons why i am leaning towards the pipes. STAINLESS WITH A LIFETIME WARRANTY. ? ENDING JUST IN FRONT OF THE REAR TIRE WOULD KEEP THE FUMES AWAY. FOUND A DEALER WHO SELLS CHEVY LOGO DESIGN EXHAUST TIPS. ( SOLD BY AUTO BARN ) SEE WHAT YOU THINK. APPRECIATE ALL THE HELP,FRANK
Old 08-11-2009, 09:35 PM
ashbros
RACING JUNKIE

When I was a kid I used to use the turbo thrush mufflers,

Kind of tough to listen to the radio,but I got by.

I like the Borlas. For my second choice I would consider the Flow Masters.

My boy just put a set of magna flow mufflers on his vette and I must admit they sound pretty wicked.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -