OK so here is what I bought...

Old 06-12-2013, 03:55 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Harbonious!!!

A different car than I thought you would have jumped on sure.... but very cool nonetheless. "538" miles??? crazy.... one of a kind my friend. Fun fact for ya: That car is exactly same car Layne Stayley (front-man from Alice & Chains OD'd from Heroin) had but it was a 1999. It was pristine & had 26K on it when it was sold a few years ago.... same color too. You will have fun w/ it. I am sure you & the wife will be able to enjoy a long road trip without smelling exhaust, have a few extra gears & 1K less cruise RPM while you warm your butts in heated seats. Besides, in stock form she is capable of smoking many raw nostalgic iron rides. I am happy for ya!!
Old 06-13-2013, 06:15 AM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Well we went from a restoration of a classic car to buying Meguiar's wax. Man things are going down hill pretty quick around here :cry: lol

Just kidding. Great buy, and trust me I like the ride of a nice new vehicle too.
BTW. it's gonna look pretty cool behind the motorhome!!
Old 06-13-2013, 07:27 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by TheRabbit
Well we went from a restoration of a classic car to buying Meguiar's wax. Man things are going down hill pretty quick around here :cry: lol

Just kidding. Great buy, and trust me I like the ride of a nice new vehicle too.
BTW. it's gonna look pretty cool behind the motorhome!!
Funny you said Meguiars, I went and bought some polishing compund last night just for black paint :!: :lol:

I know its different but the more I looked the car over, the more I wanted it. I have had plenty of mean old hot rods over the years but this car just hypnotized me.

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 06-13-2013, 12:23 PM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

hypnotized ya did it...maybe you should do a pill count!!! lol well I thought it was funny....
Old 06-13-2013, 12:33 PM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by outlaw256
hypnotized ya did it...maybe you should do a pill count!!! lol well I thought it was funny....

I have no pills, maybe thats the problem... :cry:

Old 06-13-2013, 12:45 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

All that matters is that you are happy... I doubt you will keep it very long anyways. You seem to move through cars & deals & keeping them coming & going... I get emotionally attached & keep them longer... its whatever makes you happy.
Old 06-21-2013, 09:21 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

I installed the SLP air cleaner lid and it really does make a difference, especially in the bottom rpm range.

Besides that lid, everything else is bone stock under the hood and looks brand new even though its 13 years old.

The brakes were pulsating so instead of cutting the rotors I replaced them with some drilled/slotted units and ceramic pads from Brakemotive. As you can see in the first 2 pictures the stock pads had left high spots on the rotors from sitting. I did keep all the stock stuff so it can go back at any time if I just turn the old rotors. The stock pads were still so fresh that I did not have to push the caliper pistons in to install the new ceramic pads!

Next is the cat back exhaust, taking my time on this one. Want to find the right setup thats throaty but doesnt sound like a pickup truck!

No Bjuice, I have not ordered the twin rear mounted turbos yet :!: :lol:

Old 06-21-2013, 09:59 AM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Nice Harb.... good to see you jumping right into wrenching again. That thing is pretty flawless.... probably still has new car smell.
Old 06-21-2013, 12:06 PM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Scooterz
Nice Harb.... good to see you jumping right into wrenching again. That thing is pretty flawless.... probably still has new car smell.
It does, I left the window down in the garage and my garage smelt like a new car! Those leather seats smell great.

Old 06-21-2013, 01:51 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Once in a lifetime deal there....I agree on the modern smooth muscle.

Great find!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -