looking for a professional painter

Old 09-07-2012, 10:58 PM
twistedpulling
SHOW GUEST

Default looking for a professional painter

Looking for a very talented painter/pinstripper to paint a full size truck. I am near cincinnati ohio. I would also be willing to tow the truck to a shop if this distance is great.

If anyone can pass along some names of top level painters, it would be appreciated.

Tnx
Old 09-09-2012, 08:59 PM
Spurger
APPRENTICE

Default Truck Painters Cincinnati Ohio

Truck Painters Cincinnati Ohio

ARENTS AUTO BODY & PAINT SERVICE
2145 Schappelle Ln
Cincinnati, Ohio 45240
(513) 825-

Source:
chamberofcommerce.com/cincinnati-oh/5695480-arents-auto-body-paint-serv/

I am from Oz but have a buddy who used this company
Old 09-12-2012, 03:07 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

we build and paint high dollar hotrods. and a few trucks.but we are in alabama.we are also high dollar and we work slow. slow because you cant have perfection and be fast.it took us almost 2 yrs of workin 7 days a week on a 67 impala that we just fininshed. but it is beautiful.
Old 09-12-2012, 04:15 PM
BW67CAMARO
SHOW GUEST

I know im on the other end of the world from ya, but I too was looking for a good painter and I can tell you that there are NO good paint shops in central louisiana (VERNON PARISH). Just a bunch of hicks that think they can paint but have little to no experience. I am no attempting to shoot my own car. (67 camaro) I figure I could paint it three times for the price that everyone else wants for a paint job. I hope I can do it right the first time, but I did buy a gallon and a half of paint. :lol:
Old 09-12-2012, 08:33 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Lay on enough paint/clear and you can cut n buff it shiney as all get out.
Do a half azz job on the body work and prep and it'll turn out like schitt no matter WHO paints it....
Old 09-13-2012, 03:16 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

BINGO DD, we painted my wifes 67 chevelle back in the late 70s with imron. well just as we filled the first cup with our pre mixed paint.my compressor took a dump. all i had was a air bruch hobby compressor. well not one to waste high dollar paint i hooked up that little compressor and shot the car anyway. what a mess. lol it was rollin off in the floor i mean bad. when i moved the car there was a outline of white paint on the floor! runs everywhere. the paint would almost fall out of the gunbecause the compressor didnt have enough ump to make it hit the car...anyway my poor wife drove that ugly car for a few weeks. then i wetsaned and buffed out the car and damn was that a good lookin paint job after all!!! it shined so much you couldnt wash it in the sun lite.
Old 09-14-2012, 07:40 AM
roadkill2
RACING JUNKIE

I think Wade Hughes still has a shop in Columbus. He used to do all of Bobby Alloway's stuff . .

Another great race car painter is Bill Roell, and I think he's also in Columbus. He's paired up with a guy who signed his name as "The Dauber' back in the seventies and was an outstanding striper, sign man and painter in the traditions of Tommy Stratton, Ronnie Avers, Tom Kelly and Kenny Youngblood . .

I think Bill has a web site and is still working . . Look him up if you want the best . . .
Old 09-14-2012, 01:27 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by BW67CAMARO
I know im on the other end of the world from ya, but I too was looking for a good painter and I can tell you that there are NO good paint shops in central louisiana (VERNON PARISH). Just a bunch of hicks that think they can paint but have little to no experience. I am no attempting to shoot my own car. (67 camaro) I figure I could paint it three times for the price that everyone else wants for a paint job. I hope I can do it right the first time, but I did buy a gallon and a half of paint. :lol:
Maybe not in Vernon Parish, but if you want to travel a little north, i know 5 of them, 3 in franklin Parish and 2 in West Monroe. I took a 15 min ride and took these pics. today. they are not cheap, but you don't get a Makco paint job either.

Zip.

34 ford coupe not a trailer queen, driven 80 mi to show wiped down and won best of show, that's me pictured with the 34.

69 Camero in process LS1 heat and air, same guy that owns the 34

56 ford street driven heat and air

and this 39 chevy 2 dr whitch went under water with Kitrina, totally restored, but better than ever.

Old 09-19-2012, 04:24 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

i love lookin at good paint. dont know why but i can stand and stare at a good paint shoot all day long!! and zip, you sure dont look like i thought you would.lol your old!!! lol just kiddin with ya friend..
Old 09-22-2012, 12:52 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by outlaw256
i love lookin at good paint. dont know why but i can stand and stare at a good paint shoot all day long!! and zip, you sure dont look like i thought you would.lol your old!!! lol just kiddin with ya friend..
That's O'K outlaw, if you would have ask me 30 yrs ago if i would see 70 plus i would have bet noway. Now that at 73 and still have my racing Lic. and still racing i'm looking forward to 74 in 3 mos. I think if i would have taken the old rocking chair instead of being active i wouldn't be here today.

Zip.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -