Trying to identify a racing converter

Old 10-17-2013, 03:48 AM
cujo
APPRENTICE

Default Trying to identify a racing converter

I hope some of you can help me identify who made a converter i have . The numbers are- BRCXLSA87985. tHANKS FOR ANY HELP
Old 10-22-2013, 06:05 AM
appproducts
APPRENTICE

Default CONVERTER ID

LOOKS LIKE TRANS SPECIALTIES TO ME. BRC =HIGH STALL TUNING, XLS= SPRAGLESS STATOR, A87895 IS THE SERIAL # WHEREAS THE A = ASTON FACILITY WHICH DATES THIS AS AN OLD CONVERTER. IF YOU NEED THIS UNIT REFRESHED PLEASE CALL ME @ 904-845-4767.
THANKS,
ALAN POPE
Old 05-13-2019, 11:54 PM
strokerv8
SHOW GUEST

Default Used 9” bolt-together

Originally Posted by appproducts View Post
LOOKS LIKE TRANS SPECIALTIES TO ME. BRC =HIGH STALL TUNING, XLS= SPRAGLESS STATOR, A87895 IS THE SERIAL # WHEREAS THE A = ASTON FACILITY WHICH DATES THIS AS AN OLD CONVERTER. IF YOU NEED THIS UNIT REFRESHED PLEASE CALL ME @ 904-845-4767.
THANKS,
ALAN POPE
Alan or ? I have a used 9” converter that I traded sbc parts for, have not yet run it. I was told that it stalls around 5000 rpm, which I know is just an approximation depending on car weight/motor details/gear ratio/tire circumference, etc. I was told that it is a Chance conv, but I called them and the numbers/letters do not match any of the converters they have built. On one side it shows ‘RD W-02’. The other side shows ‘22127B. 703R’. The B could possibly be an 8, hard for me to tell. I have had it for several years, so it could be quite old. It has 24 cap screws (Allen head) around the perimeter, and it has 3 mounting lugs for the flexplate, and it is turbo-spline. The stator is cast alum and appears to be spragless, since I cannot see any evidence of a Sprag on the stator. Do you have any idea who built this conv ? Thanks !!!! Steve