springs and shocks

Old 02-25-2012, 11:04 AM
helrazr
SHOW GUEST

Default springs and shocks

got a 1986 gmc 1/2 ton shortbox need to know what front coil spings to go with and shocks i got 3 inch belltech drop spindles on it but not sure what spings and shocks to go with using stocks control arms thanks!!!
Old 02-25-2012, 02:55 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

The dropped spindles are so you can retain the stock 'ride quality' by retaining the use of your stock length springs, or stock height but with stiffer stock length springs. The cheap alternative to lowering is to heat or cut the stock springs to lower, but you loose all your stock suspension travel. Dropped spindles are THE way to go !
Old 02-25-2012, 03:14 PM
fast75vega
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by DrivingMissDD
The dropped spindles are so you can retain the stock 'ride quality' by retaining the use of your stock length springs, or stock height but with stiffer stock length springs. The cheap alternative to lowering is to heat or cut the stock springs to lower, but you loose all your stock suspension travel. Dropped spindles are THE way to go !
X2 i built many low rider pick ups for our car/truck club and i've used both as well as air bags and full hydraulic setups. our theory was if you couldnt drag frame and lay your rocker panels on the ground... is wasnt low enough i love driving my reflector collector..... its pops road reflectors like Huge Hefner pops viagara..... lmao
Old 02-25-2012, 03:59 PM
helrazr
SHOW GUEST

my truck is going to be used as a 1/4 mile truck so not sure what shocks and springs to use sorry i forgot to mention that before