new cage

Old 10-30-2007, 06:16 PM
mikeaton
MASTER BUILDER

Default new cage

im fixing to install a new cage on my funny car but i need some imput its a mild steel chassis so i need a mild steel cage i need to order one asap any good quick chassis cages i can order kinda like a mark williams just the cage nothing else i know it will be a weld up"kit" i can handle that just need some imput from you guys! thanks mike
Old 10-30-2007, 06:54 PM
mcracecars
EXPERT BUILDER

Hi MIke, not sure if Mark Williams even handles mild steel stuff. But any good chassis shop should be able to bend you up the bars for the cage, in mild steel...
www.chassisshop.com will bend custom tubes, may be a little pricy with shipping, then again maybe not.
Old 10-30-2007, 08:15 PM
fastbowtie
MASTER BUILDER

Mike Call Corky at A.R.T Ph# 1-800-571-3023 they should be able to help ya Heres a link to their web site Good Luck :wink:

http://www.appliedracing.com/catalog/index.php
Old 10-31-2007, 01:55 PM
Bubstr
JUNIOR BUILDER

Am I missing something here? Mild steel chassis? Must be a slow Funny car.
Old 11-01-2007, 09:34 AM
edvancedengines
DYNO OPERATOR

Location: VA Hospital, Dallas, Tx (214 302 1924) cell-972-464-7400

You may want to wait and see what the SFI and NHRA rules comitte does this next time around. There is lots of talk that they are going to bust the M/S Cars back to 8.50 certifications.

Check on www.speedtalk.com in the section called General Discussions for the thread begun by me.

I will agree that I think a correctly fitted and fabbed M/S cage is safer in a crash but we don't make the rules.

Ed
Old 11-01-2007, 06:57 PM
mikeaton
MASTER BUILDER

Default cage

well i dont talk about others cars on here so i wont comment on the "slower funny car" yes its a mild steel chassis my choice! also ive found a local chassis shop thats going to redo the cage and ill go get it recertified when nhra figgures out what they intend to do. 7.50 at 200 is fast enough for me do you go that fast? thanks for all the help mike
Old 11-02-2007, 01:57 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: cage

Originally Posted by mikeaton
well i dont talk about others cars on here so i wont comment on the "slower funny car" yes its a mild steel chassis my choice! also ive found a local chassis shop thats going to redo the cage and ill go get it recertified when nhra figgures out what they intend to do. 7.50 at 200 is fast enough for me do you go that fast? thanks for all the help mike
I don't think he intended his comment to be an insult.

What class do you run in?
Old 11-02-2007, 01:42 PM
Bubstr
JUNIOR BUILDER

No I didn't intend that badly. it's just that the rules are up in the air right now and you could be regulated to going 8.50. I couldn't think of something any worse than to have it and not allowed to use it.
Old 11-03-2007, 06:53 PM
mikeaton
MASTER BUILDER

Default cage

ok ok ok i had a bad day im a little touchy on the car subject. im sorry for my ourtbursts. i was not aware untill you great guys informed me on the "new rules". thanks you thank you thank you. im still going to get the new cage installed just for the match races and im going to bite the bullet and have my chassis shop build me a top alcohol funny car chassis. i guess that cruise and new addition to the shop will have to wait! o yea just for every ones info, the car i have now with the same engine has gone 7'01@ 199.13. thats way to fast for this car, so i just run it at 750-800 so i can continue to run the car without beating it to death. im getting alittle old to be out in the shop working on the car repairing stuff lol! anyway thanks guys for the heads up. ill be watching the rules for my new car. anyone need a top sportsman dragster? mike