help! need freight companies numbers

Old 07-19-2007, 06:11 AM
mikeaton
MASTER BUILDER

Default help! need freight companies numbers

help guys and gals! i sold my whipple supercharger which weights @ 200 lbs and ive got it all crated up and ready to ship but who do i use ? need some help and guidance[be nice now!] on the dos and donts on shipping something this heavy and expensive! im going to insure for full amount and yes i sold the blower thru here yea my first sale and i will be paying my percent to rj! so any help with the companies and their numbers the blower will leave here artesia new mexico and its going to las vegas nv if that helps in finding a company to handle the crate thanks mike in new mexico
Old 07-19-2007, 06:21 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Mike- Please try R@L CARRIERS...i use this trucking company. example. the last thing i shipped was a set of wheels that weighed 150lbs and i sent to Texas from S.C. and it cost me $150.00.. wrap it up in bubble wrap etc....bolt it to a pallet take it to the the shipping company and off it goes...they should have a terminal close to you...the shaepest way to go..call their 1-800# and ell thjem what you are shipping and they will give you a code # to use when you plug in your qoute.....

try this link http://www.gorlc.com/

they will even pick the blower up from your house and ship it to where you want it to go.....

good luck

Brian

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 07-19-2007, 06:35 AM
mikeaton
MASTER BUILDER

Default shipping

thanks brian mike
Old 07-19-2007, 10:05 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

I just purchased a short block that wasnt together guy put it on a crate in OK and shipped it to me in MI said it was only like $90.00 to do so. This was Fed-ex.
Old 07-21-2007, 07:11 PM
mikeaton
MASTER BUILDER

Default freight

thanks dave ill give them a call need to shipp out monday asap mike in new mexico
Old 07-22-2007, 09:48 AM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Hey Mike,
I agree with David, fed-ex freight is probably one of the best choices'. I just last week recieved my chassis for the Anglia, from A.R.T. which is 780 miles from me. i don't know what the total weight was but the pallet was 5' wide by 12' lg and it included rear housing,chassis,rack and pinion, and lots of related parts.
The cost was $480.00, i'm sure yours would be much less due to size of the crate. I think O.T.R. prices are about $1.28 per lb. Atleast that's what i was charged for a blk. from st Petersburg Fl. that's being shipped on monday and that's door to door.

just my .02

Zip.