powerglide transbrake

Old 10-06-2007, 04:30 PM
mikeaton
MASTER BUILDER

Default powerglide transbrake

ok guys heres one i just pulled the wire out of my transbrake solinoid and i replaced it with a new unit unscrewed the old one and installed the new one checked the wiring by pushing the button works great fired up the car checked trans fluid etc... put it in low and pressed the button solinoid went in as it is supposed to do but the rear wheels after i let off the brake pedal they turned! i tried this several times still doesnt work any ideas? mike
Old 10-06-2007, 04:40 PM
woodsman
DYNO OPERATOR

I just looked in Transmission's and there is a lot of threads on trans brakes in there that may give you some idea what to look for.
Old 10-08-2007, 09:24 PM
fishman1
MASTER BUILDER

piston on solenoid is not the same length as the old one, will not go in far enough to hold the car, take it back or build it up like 30 thou with jb weld........don't laugh it works but i wouldn't do it on a new solenoid i would return it for the right size.......
Old 04-21-2008, 06:24 PM
mikeaton
MASTER BUILDER

Default finally

hey hey hey finally got the transbrake to work thanks to you guys and the above thread it was just the wrong throw on the so called experts transbrake solinoied[sp] all the experts [except above thread ty fish] was to tell me ive got problems elswhere[sound familiar?] but the problem was in the length of the plunger! std length is .200 well i had a .250! i just removed the old stem from the broke brake and installed it in the new brake and BAM i got my brake back!!! thanks for the info on here was very helpfull mike