Fire Systems

Old 02-27-2008, 05:58 PM
sslarue
APPRENTICE

Default Fire Systems

Who uses a fire system, and what are you using, Dry chemical or foam? 5lbs or 10 lbs bottle and where are the nozzles?
Considering purchasing one and wondering what other are doing?

Thanks
Old 02-27-2008, 07:26 PM
rob41willys
SENIOR BUILDER

I've got a Coldfire 1302 system. 10lb bottle 2 nozzles mounted on firewall towards engine and 1 nozzle under center of dash
Old 02-27-2008, 07:27 PM
mikeaton
MASTER BUILDER

Default fire systems

depends on the car/situation. on our funny car its halon. i know its illegal in nhra right now but its all we have and the bottles are still charged! check with your local nhra track tech guys they can show you in the rule book or what other guys that have a car like yours are running. we carry 2 10lb bottles and have 4 nozzles.each nozzle has 3 holes in them. i have 2 nozzles in front of the engine with the middle hole facing the engine and the other face the body while the last two spray towards the middle of the engine right at the cam driven fuel pump. the other 2 nozzles are in the car right at both my feet 3 holes per nozzle all spread out tto cover my feet legs and the interior of the cockpit. ive been on fire before and this arrangement works for me. cold fire 302 is what most funny cars use in nhra but there are new ones coming efire is one that were taking a hard look at.simple you can refill it yourself[big plus] comes in a 10lb bottle safe to ship uses a chemical that when mixed with water [great for a alcohol fire]and the propelant it will put out oil gas methanol etc.... less than 200.00 plus shipping! weve called and are now awaiting the info on their system. just my .02 good luck!