Impact Construction and Steel - Springtown, TX, BeWare!!!!!

Old 01-18-2014, 03:01 AM
shaines
SHOW GUEST

Default Impact Construction and Steel - Springtown, TX, BeWare!!!!!

We hired Impact Construction & Steel of Springtown, Texas, 3194 E. Hwy 199 phone 817-677-2700, cell phone 817-703-3632 and owned by Richard Parker and Andrea Parker of Springtown, TX, in November 2013 to build a warehouse and RV carport for us beside our existing office in Granbury, Texas. Impact Construction & Steel job performance was substandard from the start. Richard Parker and Andrea Parker began with setting the forms and pouring the concrete, the lack of proper oversight and inspection resulted in almost one third of the steel plates that were set in the concrete in order to allow for welding of the structural steel, to be set incorrectly due to improper measurements being taken. Richard Parker also tried to decrease the size of the entrance drive that was established in the plans in order to save money. Overhead door entrances were measured incorrectly which then caused Impact Construction & Steel to chisel out concrete instead of jack hammering out the incorrect concrete pour to try to make doorways work. Impact Construction & Steel also created door entrances that were for the incorrect types of doors. Overall the concrete work was very substandard. The poor concrete work was only the tip of the iceberg of problems that then ensued. The structural framing was very poor and required me to point our multiple issues daily in order to try and prevent an unsafe and or unusable building. Impact Construction & Steel was required to completely reinstall the roof framing due to their attempt to try and lower one section of the roof to 12ft instead of the 14ft height as called for in the plans. This error, which we believe was intentional to save them money and time created a huge problem with the roof which is now out of square and cannot have metal sheeting installed until it is repaired. The welding was not completed as agreed and most of the welds are tack welds with much of the support purlin held in place by screws. At present the building is not complete as we are trying to find another company who can rebuild the framing in order get the building square enough to allow for the metal sheeting to be installed. And, we now have vendors who did work on the project that have not been paid by Impact Construction & Steel who are calling us and coming by our office looking for payment. We now have a website with photos and additional information that shows the inferior work that we have received from Richard Parker and Andrea Parker who own Impact Construction & Steel of Springtown Texas, the website is www.impactconstructionandsteel.net You may contact me at anytime for additional information relating to our experience with this company. Steve Haines, 254-631-7730 or [email protected]
Old 01-18-2014, 04:46 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

So this has to do anything with Racing Junk :?:

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 01-18-2014, 05:07 AM
SuperComp1R
MASTER BUILDER

Default junk

not sure......but maybe this might not be the right forum for your problem....list it in Racingjunks home & garden i got screwed section.
Old 01-18-2014, 05:48 AM
bigray
DYNO OPERATOR

i think it is definitely the right place to post this. we allways say CHECK the forum befor buying, so if somebody was gonna build a building in that area. now you would know that,,, Impact Construction & Steel of Springtown, Texas, 3194 E. Hwy 199 phone 817-677-2700, cell phone 817-703-3632 and owned by Richard Parker and Andrea Parker of Springtown, TX, does substandared work,
Old 01-18-2014, 05:35 PM
THERATTLER
RACING JUNKIE

I am a metal building contractor . looking on the website you furnished , this is the worst pile of junk I have seen in 35 years of erecting buildings , no way would i attempt to fix this , only solution is to tear it down to slab and have a metal building manufactoring COMPANY build a new building to fit the slab ,. I hope this works out for you . Anybody wanting to build a shop for your race cars or whatever in this area , I hope you see this first . J M O
Old 01-18-2014, 06:53 PM
SuperComp1R
MASTER BUILDER

Default screwd

sorry but if i was looking for info on a building contractor i would not look on an auto forum scammer section.
Old 01-18-2014, 07:42 PM
bixblk
DYNO OPERATOR

Default building

I think its a legit forum for this JMO
Old 01-19-2014, 12:04 PM
bigray
DYNO OPERATOR

this is a buyer beware forum. so this is where i would look.
Old 01-19-2014, 02:31 PM
ajk
DYNO OPERATOR

He may have planned on working on cars in the warehouse, hence the connection.
Old 01-20-2014, 09:43 AM
gmanxss
SENIOR BUILDER

No brainer, car guys have buildings for their cars, scamed on building or cars, what's the difference.