SCAT PRODUCTS OR NOT

Old 02-19-2009, 09:58 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Some things that some people donot know is that, Eagle,Scat, Compustar are all Chinese forgings. The difference is that they are Heat treated and machined here in the USA. I think that Callies has the best operation going as far as quality control of what's happening inside the shop. Eagle has had problems in the past with quality control IE not conforming to said measurements. Callies has a better quality control in my opinion. Scat i think is very good, in fact i have one of their 4" small b/lk cranks in my 434" motor, i also have 2 Eagles running. Now i do have issues with Scat and their customer service. As some of you know i sell parts to on the side to supplement my income (SS) (not on RJ word of mouth) i have a number of Scat flex plates SFI approved about 1/2 of them run out up to 1/4" at the ring gear. I messagened Scat about this problem over 2 weeks ago, i'm stuck with them and they will not even answer my email. It's not a lot of money but i wouldn't want to have serious problems with something like a crank or any other high dollar piece from them.

JMO

Zip.
Old 02-20-2009, 03:52 AM
signsbyesa
RACING JUNKIE

is lunati that bad? i have the same crank musi uses in his bbc
i used one in my 383 stroker and never had any issues and
resell was good too, ohio crank is good. my 2 cents 8)
Old 02-21-2009, 12:26 AM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by signsbyesa
is lunati that bad? i have the same crank musi uses in his bbc
i used one in my 383 stroker and never had any issues and
resell was good too, ohio crank is good. my 2 cents 8)
Lunati is one of the few cranks that's totally made in the US. Ohio is a chinese knock off just as the about mentioned cranks. Callies stealth and the other high dollar cranks are US made, so are most of the billet cranks that are advertised. I just sold a 360 shortblock with a lunati crank for $1250.00 one hellva deal for the buyer in my opinion.

Zip.
Old 02-21-2009, 07:29 AM
nofear57
EXPERT BUILDER

Wow that was a good deal! I just checked out Lunati web sight and their cheapest sbc crank is $700.
When I bought my Altered it had a sbc 434 with a Lunati Pro Series crank,they sell for $1,900. I've had on problems what so ever with the whole engine,she runs excellent! Regular maintenance is a hugh factor.
A bbc crank runs $800. to $1,900 check them out at www.lunatipower.com
Old 02-22-2009, 04:09 PM
tcarda
MASTER BUILDER

Nice pics Brian
Old 02-22-2009, 06:34 PM
fsdragster
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

APPRECIATE ALL THAT HAVE REPLIED SO FAR. STILL HAVE NOT COMPLETELY MADE MY MIND UP, ESPICIALLY ON BUYING A COMPLETE CRATE MOTOR. DONT HAVE THE KNOWLEDGE TO BUILD ONE PERSONALLY BUT IT SEEMS SOME OF THESE CRATE ENGINE COMPANIES ARE OUT OF SIGHT ON THEIR LABOR. THINKING AROUND 800-1000 SHOULD BE MORE LIKE IT TO ASSEMBLE A BBC.
Old 02-22-2009, 06:37 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Look @ k1 rods and cranks nice stuff also.

nyes automotive can do you right on a new crate motor for a good price :wink: