how much air do you run in your slicks?

Old 08-10-2009, 11:14 AM
timothysiler
APPRENTICE

I would just adjust air pressure in 1/4 increments until your 60' is the best and most consistant. On my car I induce a little bit of wheelspin so the car doesn't dead hook.
Old 08-19-2009, 08:45 PM
ashbros
RACING JUNKIE

2486 lb car 15x16 5 to 5.5 lbs air pressure.

Every car/chassis will be different. You'll need to spend a little time at the track during day and evening conditions so you can determine how your car reacts to the differing track temps and humidities. A lot of times during the day the track will be hot with very little humidity, where during night racing the track may be cooler and the humidity levels are creating track surface moisture.

I would start out around 8-9 lbs of tire pressure and work your way down with the tire pressure.

Make sure you complete each run so you can get a feel of the car and the way it handles on the tall end of the track.

Have someone video the run at the end of the track and narate whats happening including commenting on the amount of tire pressure during each run. Look to see if that car is squatting down and grabbing the track or if the rear end is rising up due to lack of traction, causing the backend of the car to dance around...
Old 08-20-2009, 11:54 AM
ssym
JUNIOR BUILDER

Adding another side to the question... Do you check the pressure cold? What about during test and tune when you can make close to back to back runs? Mine seem to go up about 1 pound or a pound and a half after a run, should I leave it there (9 psi), or bring it back down to 8 psi when they are warm?

Thanks, Steve
Old 03-29-2010, 06:43 PM
oneowner73
JOURNEYMAN

I run at 2600 lbs. with a 14.5Wx32 Hoosiers. I ran this past Saturday at a test and tune. Started the first pass with 11.0 and 11.25 after that. Never spun at all. Had best 60 ft ever. Ran 9.78 @ 133.84
Old 04-15-2010, 04:42 PM
john858
EXPERT BUILDER

Originally Posted by ssym
Adding another side to the question... Do you check the pressure cold? What about during test and tune when you can make close to back to back runs? Mine seem to go up about 1 pound or a pound and a half after a run, should I leave it there (9 psi), or bring it back down to 8 psi when they are warm?

Thanks, Steve
i check mine every round and put them back down 10.5 on 14x32 radials