Does anyone know where I can get a title?

Old 06-04-2009, 07:44 PM
bowtie4542001
DYNO OPERATOR

Originally Posted by hotrodharley
i also got a car out of Alabama with only a bill of sale..my state[nv.]wouldn't even look at bill-of-sale..nv. dmv says bill-of-sale isn't worth paper it is on..in nv. you can get the towing companys to get a title for you but got to take car to there tow lot.they report car as abbanded[i know miss spelled this]they then hold car for up to 90 days and have to run ads nation wide to make sure no one claims car..if not then DMV issues a new title[savage title]to tow company..once that is done then they charge you $400.00 to get your car back and a savage title for it..it is a big mess in nv. to get a car with no title or just a bill-of-sell..matter of fact they told me at DMV that it is illagal to have a car without title and they can inpound car..no body in nv. will buy car without titles..i know i'll never do it again...good luck on getting a title.every state is differant..
Thanks HotRod, I can get the car registered in Ga with just a bill of sale, I am going to go there tomorrow and see if they issue a title for the car. Will let yall know what happens, with me luck.
Chris
Old 06-05-2009, 11:24 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Highjack question

What if you havce a race car that just has a steel nova/camaro body on it and do not have a vin tag? How do these guys get these outlaw "street" type tube chasis monsters titled?
Old 06-05-2009, 03:31 PM
fishmanjoe
JUNIOR BUILDER

HEY GUYS,in Delaware they title a car like that as homemade and they assign a vin number to be stamped in the frame.That is how i titled the model A roadster i built.FISHMANJOE
Old 06-06-2009, 12:43 AM
suicidebomb
RACING JUNKIE

I think that's the way they do it in Missouri too, They have lots of hoops for you to jump thru.
Old 06-06-2009, 04:46 AM
oldandtired
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Tod74
Highjack question

What if you havce a race car that just has a steel nova/camaro body on it and do not have a vin tag? How do these guys get these outlaw "street" type tube chasis monsters titled?
I am building a marginally legal tube street car. It's a 63 Hairy Glass Vette and I bought just the VIN number from someone with a bill of sale only. The GA DMV gave me an inspection sheet and I had to get a policeman (or any recognized law enforcement officer) to look at the VIN and call it in. Sorta sweated bullets until it came back clean. He signed off on it and I got a tag. No title, but clear to drive.

Dave
Old 06-10-2009, 04:30 AM
bowtie4542001
DYNO OPERATOR

Hey guys,
Went and got a tag for the Camaro yesterday, they would not issue me a title for the car since it was so old, but I am able to drive it legally now. Thanks for all the help. I have pics on my profile if you want to check them out. Its the red Camaro.
Chris

http://www.racingjunk.com/profile/1780
Old 06-10-2009, 04:47 AM
suicidebomb
RACING JUNKIE

Glad it worked out for ya Chris, happy motoring. 8)