Watch out for Nick Claborne in ALbany KY

Old 12-17-2008, 02:43 PM
bowtie4542001
DYNO OPERATOR

Default Watch out for Nick Claborne in ALbany KY

Hey guys, just wanted to give yall a heads up on this guy, I traded him my tube chassis vega and a 96 Honda Magna for a 68 Camaro on 9-30-08 We agreed that we would meet about half way. Everything started out pretty good and then he called and said that his brakes messed up on his truck and he had to go back and get the other truck. I told him that was fine and I would keep driving and we would meet somewhere. We finally met up and did the trade. He told me the engine in the camaro had been dynoed at 751 hp at the flywheel and he had forgot the dyno sheets in the other truck along with the tach, window net and new seat belts. I told him that would be fine, he could just send them to me when he got back. After a couple of weeks of not receiving anything I contacted him and he said that the package was sent back to his dads house and he would resend it the next morning. I again gave him my address so he could make sure that he got it right. A week went by and I sent him an email stated that I thought I had been screwed over and he replied back that he had been out of town and hadn't been able to send the package. This is now Decemeber and I contacted him saying that I was not going to forget about what he owed me. He then asked me how much money would it take to make things right, I told him $75 since I had already bought a tach for the car, he then replied, well lets just make it a $100. I told him that would settle things up between us then. That was two weeks ago and haven't heard anything from him. I p.m. him yesterday telling him that I was going to do this so it would not be a big surprize to him. I had put a message on his racespace about he was a good guy and I would do business with him again. When I didn't receive my stuff, I then put on his race space, beware of this guy and make sure you have everything you are supposed to before trading. Well he erased that one but left the one where I was saying he was a great guy to deal with. I know that its not much what he owes me but I just wanted yall guys to be aware of him. If I receive my money ($100), I will also post it on here. This is my first time doing this and don't like to but I think it is only fair since he is always trading on here. He has several ads on here right now: 1403393, 1402706, 1404064, 1404073, and 1404084.

Thanks
Chris
Old 12-30-2008, 11:48 AM
kw89425
MASTER BUILDER

good luck. he is not an honest guy
Old 12-30-2008, 12:32 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Hey Chris,

Be it 75.00 or 100,000, a deal is a deal. If he did not follow through, that makes him a risk to deal with for others. I think you are doing the right thing. Good luck & I hope it all works out. Rigsby
Old 12-30-2008, 04:49 PM
fastted
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

That's what I'm talking about Rigsby!! Aman's word is his word!
Old 12-30-2008, 05:00 PM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

I agree it doesn't matter if it is $1.00 or $100.000 he still owes it to you!!

'' JUST MY TWO CENT'S WORTH''
Old 12-30-2008, 07:26 PM
rat69
SHOW GUEST

i was ganna trade with him a few days ago he had a malibu on here,he said his back was out and he couldnt make the trip,so he said if i took the truck to him he wouldnt back out.man im glad i didnt do that i would ben a unhappy camper if he backed out,,,,,,,sounds like he probly would have.
Old 01-02-2009, 09:00 PM
bowtie4542001
DYNO OPERATOR

Thanks guys and still haven't got my money. Doesn't look like I will either. Its nice to know that I might have helped out one guy though.

Chris
Old 01-03-2009, 05:29 AM
ashtrak
MASTER BUILDER

I kinda got a feeling i wouldn't trust him on anything he said about the car :idea:
Old 01-03-2009, 02:36 PM
bowtie4542001
DYNO OPERATOR

Originally Posted by ashtrak
I kinda got a feeling i wouldn't trust him on anything he said about the car :idea:
I didn't, that is why I called the guy that owned it before him. He never let me know his number but I remembered him saying that the orevious owner worked at the drag strip he ran at. I called up there andstarted talking and got the shop that built the engine and the shop that built the trans. Called them and they remembered the car. Got all the information from them. I feel that it was better to go to the source then listen to him.
Old 01-11-2009, 01:30 PM
bbchevy
RACING JUNKIE

Default NICK?

Seems that NICK has been a Invite to DEFEND Hisself but Chooses NOT Too.............................???
He has branced out, i see now.He has a RED Ad#1429285.
All the Wheeling and Dealing that He does,but still NOT a Red Cent for a Lttle Honor $$$..............?
Later
G 8)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -