What's youre longest time of car ownership ?

Old 05-06-2011, 07:39 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Was a real fun car !! I'm a hardcore RACER and I was starting to do some stupid stuff on the street with it. My other two real race cars were not yet finished and I had no outlet for my speed fix , so I let it go before I go hurt or lost my driving privileges. :shock: :shock: ops: ops: ops: ops:
Old 05-06-2011, 08:13 PM
JimmySmith
MASTER BUILDER

Default long term car ownership

I have had the 67 camaro pictured on this site 32 years as a race car and sold a 82 Suburban last year that I bought in 84 and drove it 450,000 miles and it is pulling a race car for the new owner. Later J.Smith 4621 racing
Old 05-06-2011, 09:57 PM
MickeyHoge
SHOW GUEST

Default Long term car ownership

I have had my 30-32 Ford roadster street rod since 1966! About traded it to a GTO one time but thank Heaven my brother made me see the light! Do wish I had had the money to trade with the Ford dealer who offered me a 289 COBRA for $2000 difference! It is the first car that I had on the road that was mostly legal and I'm glad to say I kept my first car! It is metalflake blue with white convertible top, SBC, 2-'61 Vette WCFB's, 4-speed, '49 Mercury rear, '32 Z'd frame, '32 radiator shell, Ford steel body and steel '49 Harley fenders, flat face SW gauges, Cragar spokes, etc. I'm trying to bring it back to its glory one more time! Will post a picture if I can figure out how. By the way, Rigsby, I about cried too when obama went in. Please wake up America and VOTE out the professional politicians ASAP!
Old 05-10-2011, 10:14 AM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: Long term car ownership

Originally Posted by MickeyHoge
I have had my 30-32 Ford roadster street rod since 1966! About traded it to a GTO one time but thank Heaven my brother made me see the light! Do wish I had had the money to trade with the Ford dealer who offered me a 289 COBRA for $2000 difference! It is the first car that I had on the road that was mostly legal and I'm glad to say I kept my first car! It is metalflake blue with white convertible top, SBC, 2-'61 Vette WCFB's, 4-speed, '49 Mercury rear, '32 Z'd frame, '32 radiator shell, Ford steel body and steel '49 Harley fenders, flat face SW gauges, Cragar spokes, etc. I'm trying to bring it back to its glory one more time! Will post a picture if I can figure out how. By the way, Rigsby, I about cried too when obama went in. Please wake up America and VOTE out the professional politicians ASAP!
All I can say is good job. Many of us which they still had their first car. I have had 4 Chevelles, one 70' Elky & the 69 Camaro... now I have a 68 Chevelle. I would love to say i had my "high school" Chevelle... but she is long gone... sentimental reasons are deeper than a good deal or good trade. Oh well... kinda like DD's Mercury... neat car. I know what he means by doing stupid things here & there too... Did a BIG Burn out last night leaving the Dave Ramsey class last night out of the church parking lot- got punched in the shoulder by my wife for that. She did not like it at all... said I need to "grow up" & that she did not feel safe when the car started to go sideways. There was nothing I could really say at that point.
Old 05-10-2011, 10:45 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

I bought a 68 Camaro 327 4-speed back in early 1990. Painted it, engine rebuild, suspension rebuild, etc. Loved that damn car, drove the doors off and she always took my abuse! Sold it in early 2000 after the wife got sick and bought her 79 Trans Am to get her mind off things. That 68 Camaro wasnt my 1st F-body and by far my last but she was my favorite, many a night drinking beer and wrenching on her. I havent seen her in over 10 years, thats a good thing cause I would tap the savings and buy her back at any cost :!:

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 05-10-2011, 10:48 AM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

She is pretty. I liked the Red one (Pro street) car that you got rid of about a year ago... she was pretty too.
Old 05-10-2011, 11:02 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Rigsby
She is pretty. I liked the Red one (Pro street) car that you got rid of about a year ago... she was pretty too.
I never really got to drive that one, got it just before Christmas, tore it all apart for paint, got it back together and sold it when it was still 30 degrees outside! Would have been nice to take that one to the track just once to see how she ran.

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 05-13-2011, 06:45 PM
Oldewalnut
SENIOR BUILDER

Default 1966 Chevy II

Have owned my 1966 Chevy II since 1977.
Old 05-24-2011, 08:50 AM
oldblu65
APPRENTICE

Default Long running ownership !

I have a 1965 Chevrolet 1/2 ton step side pickup that I've owned since June 17 , 1976 ( 35 yrs . )!