RACING JUNK going down the tubes!!!

Old 10-22-2008, 03:38 PM
shawnp
RACING JUNKIE

PJ, would it be too difficult to create a business section? I would think that you would be able to ad in the programming a criteria that realizes the membership level and be able to funnel the ads to the dealer section. Just a thought.

Will RJ be at PRI this year? If so, I would love to drop by and say thank you.
Old 10-22-2008, 04:36 PM
hollowayshotrods
RACING JUNKIE

PJ,
You certainly have the knack for making people have more thought about a subject. After reading your latest post about the changes RJ is going to attempt to make to the listings, I am sold on your commitment to making this a better site. I have no doubt that with growth comes pain. I will not gripe about the ad section again until it is time to re-up (about 6 months), I of course will re-up. I can't pay $49 ANYWHERE, and have the resources that come along with the site. I.E., Tom,Zip,Ed,doorracer,hammertime,Ron and the list goes on and on and on. I have met many nice folks on here, again, included in the $49 bucks.
Later,
Mr.Potatohead :roll:
Old 10-22-2008, 05:15 PM
RonOwensRacing
DYNO OPERATOR

I can feel your frustration for sure i am a dealer and i know how you guy's feel most of the time when i re post my ad's within a short period of time mine will also be 10 to 20 pages back to i dont re post as much as i use to and i do try to use my points and i thanks RJ for giving them to us.

I also have been a member for a few years now and i do love this place and feel like i have made a lot of friends here .

Im trying to learn to be patient with the growing curves of the site because it is growing quickly i have problems getting pic's to upload and some times i get kicked of while uploading (dont know if me or RJ) dont know a lot about computers myself .

A lot of my friends are members also and they dont like all the ad's ethier a few have called me and said i just posted right after they did and it dropped them back a page i dont know the solution but i will be here as long as i can .

Sorry if i have do that to any of you guy's it was not intentional i promise.

Thanks Ron
Old 10-23-2008, 02:21 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

I use the search for anything I am looking for now, easier and faster for me.
Old 10-24-2008, 11:38 AM
RonOwensRacing
DYNO OPERATOR

Well they have made some changes but i think it is worse than before now you have to go to each section to look for your parts the new and used are still mixed together personal and dealers are still together and not under drag racing all separate i hope most of the people here like the way it is now me i hate it but that's just me .

I now have started thinking of pulling my account this system i dont think is the cure for the problem some was talking about .

I know we all hate to post things for sale and within a few hours it be 10 pages back but you could go to drag racing and scan thru and see what had been posted now it will take twice as long and each category to just look at what as been posted that day.

Well good luck with this set up but i dont think i will stay as a dealer like this and for the cost of being one we will see how sells go on the new system.
Old 10-25-2008, 07:59 PM
jnos
SHOW GUEST

I agree with Drivingmiss. I think there should be a seperate website for commercial sellers, let the big businesses compete with each other somewhere else and let Racingjunk be the open market for private listings. After all the little guy is how it all got started! Just my 2 cents
Old 10-26-2008, 03:45 PM
nosnerd
APPRENTICE

Default commercial accounts

...just separate comercial accounts....

WHY IS SUMMIT LOGO AS LARGE AS RJ LOGO???
:?

too much man....

but its still the only place...

al
Old 11-11-2008, 11:25 AM
hollowayshotrods
RACING JUNKIE

Logged on to check out the latest ads, what do I find? RJ themselves are now clogging up the "most recent" section, (25 of their ads in the first two pages) pushing the little guys ads right on out of the first four pages. I hate to be a dick, but why does it have to be like this? 5 million trailers from the SAME company, hey, we get it trailer companies, you sell trailers!! I don't understand, we bitch about this being done, then RJ themselves feel the need to do it. Well, I think it sucks, I agree with Ron, I may have to use another avenue. Someone wants my yearly dues and honor payments. By RJ doing this, it makes me feel like they aren't listening to the complaints.
I hope my thoughts trigger someone elses thoughts! Hint, hint...RJ!
Old 11-11-2008, 11:47 AM
FullTimeRacing
DYNO OPERATOR

soon they will sponser a cup car!
Old 11-12-2008, 08:14 AM
cuda66
SHOW GUEST

Default Losing Enthusiasm

I've been running ads on some brand New items I had in the shop, about 10 items all at 20-30% lower than Mail Order Prices.

So far i've had 2 hits, one guy negotiated a little more discount and then welched on the deal.
The other guy called and wanted free freight I gave it to him and he disappeared.

With over 300 views only 3 Emails I'm losing faith in the value of this Site and it's ability to sell anything. If your members are are looking for stuff at 20 cents on the dollar I guess I'm at the wrong place.

I'm going to keep posting top quality, new product at firesale pricing for another week or so but if this overstock doesn't start moving I am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -