Working with fiberglass hood

Old 02-19-2009, 05:30 PM
lanham
MASTER BUILDER

Default Working with fiberglass hood

I have a fiberglass cowl hood with a 3" rise.I would like to make it a 5" rise.What would be the best way to go about doing this and what materials do i need and where would be the best place to buy the materials.Thanks
Old 02-22-2009, 05:54 AM
oneowner73
JOURNEYMAN

Selling the 3" hood and buying a 5 or 6" hood would be better. Unless you are very good with fiberglass you will end up with a hood that will crack and fall apart and you or nobody else will want it. Right now you have a sellable item to recoup some of your money. What model of car are you working on?
Brian
Old 02-23-2009, 01:51 PM
lanham
MASTER BUILDER

This goes on a 73-80 Chevy truck.I have just decided not to mess with this hood as i weighed it and it is pretty heavy and not worth fooling with.I am going to put it up for sale in the next few weeks.Thanks
Old 02-24-2009, 04:14 PM
lanham
MASTER BUILDER

This hood is a two piece hood and the inner liner part has come loose in part of the hood.What kind of strong adhesive can i buy to bond it back together?