people saying anything to sell

Old 03-10-2009, 04:20 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

I am sorry the pain is not getting better. I know that you said you have tried all the meds, but they can only help so much I guess. I am glad to hear you can go turn wrenches, ride (even a little) & hey... you got grandkids right? I bet the like thier Papa. It sounds like you are comming full circle... look at you now... you are a believer. you are still alive too... when you could have died (probably more than once). Keep doing your thing until you can't, tell the horseman to wait a little longer. Keep wearing that favorite pair of jeans & t-shirt. I can relate to some degree about the 80's anyways. I am younger than you, but I got caught up in drugs, girls, fast cars, etc... that life defined me like it has you. God kept us alive & let go as far as it took to find him. Maybe we had to get all of that out of our system first to look up. I was in alcohaul treatment years ago w/ an old biker like you. He was getting tired, lived some hard & wild days... his name was DJ I think. He was like a guy straight out of "Easy Rider" or something... he told me he would ride with a wild pack in the 70's & they would camp accross the countryside off thier bikes. he said: "I was always be the last to go to sleep". "I would wait until everyone was asleep, pick my victim & tie a rope to thier sleeping bag, tie it off to my chopper, & drag them around the campsite & scare the piss out of them". You remind me of DJ. Anyways, DJ got clean that year & found God. A short time later, his heart gave out on him. I am sure that all of us here would say keep up the good fight & stick around... we like having you here Outlaw. Scoot
Old 03-11-2009, 07:29 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

outlaw,
Its sounds like you lived it to the fullest, good or bad. better than most 9-5 guys who have nothing to talk about except the manicured lawns. I can relate, 80's were some serious party times for me too. more drugs than I could ever imagine and a lot of my close friends at the time payed the price for our actions. some are dead, some are in prison and some wish they were dead now. I was fortunate to meet my beautiful wife in the late 80's and she pulled me away from all that mess. Be strong my friend, enjoy your family to the fullest and try and hop on that bike every once in awhile to feel the breeze in your face, thats one thing that always makes me feel better when I am down or just need a break from reality. I know that we have had our discussions on God before, I hope he helps you through the pain and lets you know you will have a place with him when the time comes. peace to you and yours.

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 03-12-2009, 05:23 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

thanks scooter and harbone66. it feels good to have your support.when i first started rj i did not believe in godand i could argue with well informed, well educated pastors against god and i have had a few really question their faith.i know this to be fact.anyway after my wreck i couldnt get that conversation i had with a god about my granddaughter out of my head. i told him, if your out there give to me what you were going to do to her and after she got the alls good from the docs 9 months later, 1 week after that i was hit on my bike. now that can make you think!!i died twice but im here, im not going to walk but i am.i drank now i dont. and i didnt have anything to do with all the good that was coming my way. i found rj by accident.and this is where i really became interested in god.you scooter and rudy and mr.ed(not the damn horse)all seemed to have faith that was really sincere and you all were honest and all that good ship.and a preacher from kentucky gofastpastor or something like that. i wanted what you all had. some kind of peace in my life.my cousin came to work with us and he is the most patient man i have ever met.job didnt have nothing on him!!i envied him so much i will skip the details but i started believing in god because of you guys(you to bj,mopar1968,todd74 and my good freind in n.c.hotrod1024 and many more on here)my life is still in turmoil but i now have something to beleive in and someone to guide me thru all this mess god!So thanks my friends for showing me there is a better way to live. you to gene russell for saving my life.man them pain pills can make you long winded.lol
Old 03-12-2009, 08:22 AM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

And we will continue to support you Outlaw. The way I see it, we are all a bunch of misfits here... supporting each other. Glad you are seeking God. I heard this once: " I would rather live me life as if there was a God instead of live as I there were NO God... at the end of life I can say I tried to walk a steady line & tried to be a good person". I mean, what have we got to loose? In your case Outlaw, I can see God in your life & in your humble words too. Keep Diggin' Scooter