purchasing a dragster

Old 01-02-2008, 05:26 PM
shawnp
RACING JUNKIE

Cruzer, where did you race? You know a place called Norwalk, Magnolia, Quaker City or Thompson?? How about Drag City( Meander Drag Way)?? You have good people in Florida. Hop on to dragraceresults.com. A lot of Floirda racers in the area that would love to help you out.

Shawn Pinkerton
Vickers Bros Racing
Alliance, OH
Old 01-02-2008, 05:29 PM
mikeaton
MASTER BUILDER

Default dragster

i agree with the high way beating up the chassis if its not stabilized correctly ive got a 263 top sportsman dragster that has less than 25 runs on it and its never been abused ive had several "buyers" come by and inspect the car and none of us have found anything cracked etc... it is a hard taile with a slip type chassis built to top alcohol specs in the early 90s then with the weight vrs cubic inch rule change it made it obsolete over night its been sitting up on supports till i bought it last year around april. if interested see add#1028582 every car will be different just dont let someone push you unless they have owned several dragsters themselfs me ive own 2 many to count! just my .02 mike in new mexico
Old 01-03-2008, 02:46 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: dragster

Originally Posted by cruzer0198
what about Spitzer?
I wouldnt own one, we bracket guys think of spitzer we think of top dragster and comp cars.

I've had several different cars just in the last 5 years (7 dragsters and 1 door car to be exact) I now own a dual suspended dragster, Shawn can tell you the dual suspended cars around here whip some ass !!
Old 01-04-2008, 07:07 AM
MidLifeCrisis
APPRENTICE

All great opinions. I'm sure if Cruzer is like me, budget does come into play. I bought a T/K Spitzer Hardtail from this site. This is my first car of any kind so money was an issue.

I researched the car extensively and a NHRA chasis certification was a huge factor. Car certified for way faster than I'm planning on going....

Ultimately, I'd love to have a suspended car. Can't afford it right now.

BTW: Heard varying opinions on exactly how to support/trasnsport my dragster.

Since there are many experienced here.....love to know how it's being/supposed to be done. PM me so this isn't a hijacked thread.
Old 01-04-2008, 11:00 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

I am sure he wont mind if we hijack it.
I have a chassis stabilizer I put under the driver compartment, I've strapped them down several different ways, it seems over each rear tire is the best way. No matter what a dragster needs something under it to keep it form bouncing! they say 1 mile without the pad is like 500 passes down the track.
Old 01-05-2008, 08:20 AM
MidLifeCrisis
APPRENTICE

Hammer....

What would you describe as a "chasis pad"?

Scott
Old 01-05-2008, 09:40 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by MidLifeCrisis
Hammer....

What would you describe as a "chasis pad"?

Scott
http://store02.prostores.com/servlet...l?sfs=a7033718

this is a good picture of what I use and always have.
Old 01-05-2008, 01:57 PM
shawnp
RACING JUNKIE

That is the air bladder we use for our cars. We get it under a cross bar or x-bar under the driver area. This supports the middle of the chassis and prevents movement up and down. We tie off both tires and then snug down the rear to prevent the suspension from moving. We also add a strap up front just snug enough that if something happened it would hold the front.
Old 01-22-2008, 06:24 PM
sxfreak2002
APPRENTICE

a very cheap way to do it is buy yourself a 4-8 sheet of styrofoam about an inch thick and cut it into foot or so wide and duct tape as many peices as needed to fit snug and strap it down front and rear. it will not hurt the car and makes a very cheap and very good way to stablize the chassis. i put one under the front and mid and under the x member and it worked great.
Old 01-23-2008, 02:44 AM
shawnp
RACING JUNKIE

Dave, my spare air bladder( chassis pad) is for sale $125.00 plus shipping.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -