Got a wheel gun ?

Old 08-01-2012, 08:01 PM
olds48
RACING JUNKIE

Ya'll are exactly right. My Keltec (pos but it fits well in my back pocket) stays full of lint and the mag stays loaded all the time. I know it's not good for it to be like that,but that gun is built so loose it almost doesn't matter. I always have the Keltec in my hip pocket and my trusty 22 mag 5 shot revolver in my front left. My keys and pocket knife go in the front right so i dont scratch ''Maggie" :wink:
Old 08-02-2012, 04:33 AM
oldandtired
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by DrivingMissDD
Lots of spare clips and cycle them full in your pistol, then empty and at rest in your drawer. Just like storing your hot rod for any length of time, relax the springs(valve) lets them live longer.
Absolutely. And just because it will hold 16 rounds, never fully load it unless you are getting to shot it.

For storage (self defense) load 12 and change mags monthly. Go thru your entire set and next rotation schedule load 11 or 13. Get it?

JMO from an HK instructor.
Old 08-02-2012, 05:33 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

kmow all about how to keep the clipsand you are right about how to store them and how to keep them ready. but ive owned all kinds of high dollar autos and i still prefer revolvers. i had a .45 that was kept in good condition and that sucker jammed on me one nite when it could have cost me my life. from that day forward ive only toted revolvers.never had one jam up.but i did have one pull my pants down one nite.lol true..
Old 08-02-2012, 06:22 AM
oldandtired
RACING JUNKIE

Guys, before you make your next purchase, check out the little known .327 Mag.

Basically is an extended .32 caliber cartridge with steriods.

A .357 mag 125 gr JHP (Speer) has 1450 FPS velocity (muzzle)
The .327 mag 100 gr JHP (American Eagle) has 1400 FPS velocity (muzzle).

Very small, very light, very deadly revolver.
Old 08-03-2012, 04:23 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

An article about backups....I'm thinking on getting 2 LC9's, one in the waist and one on an ankle.

http://modernselfprotection.com/2012/07/03/backup-guns/
Old 08-04-2012, 09:10 AM
roadkill2
RACING JUNKIE

While this has a lot to do with choice and personal preference, I've never felt the need for a "backup" piece . . As a citizen, I believe that if you can't save yer butt with 4 well placed rounds, you probably needed a better set of running shoes . . or a lot more diplomacy . .

But to each his own . .
Old 08-04-2012, 09:16 AM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

It all depends on the environment you might find yourself in. Multiple attackers,ie; gang, might require a few more rounds than you have in one piece. Or you might not be able to easily/quickly access one or the other.
Old 08-05-2012, 05:50 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Been researching light compact 9mm's.

Ruger's LC9 has a little pin that has to be taken out in order to strip it. That little pin is EASILY dropped/lost. BIG negative in my book.

S&W's M&P Shield is EASILY stripped ONE HANDED without tools or tiny parts to loose.

BOTH are very close to the same price, both are 7+1, LC9 is 2oz lighter, both same height, both same length, both same width.
Old 08-06-2012, 01:38 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Just got a Kaltec 9mm a while ago. It has to be the smallest 9mm I have ever seen/shot. That gun fits in a sock/ankle, pocket, etc... very small for caliber. They are not expensive; but effective.