Is 1/8 Mile Drag Racing For Wussys? I Need Opinions.........

Old 01-26-2010, 10:52 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by DrivingMissDD
Originally Posted by JDUNCA
GUYS WITH 100,000 CARS RACE 1/8 MILE. WISH I COULD BE THAT BIG OF A WUSS.
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
That'd be 400,000 passes on the quarter per 1 mile at 1 pass each, or 800,000 passes per mile on the 1/8th mile, or..... I'm REEEEEEEELY confused !!!

ops: ops: :shock: :shock: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
I think he meant $100,000.00 cars NOT 100,000 miles. :wink:
Old 01-26-2010, 03:06 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

lol...whats really got my funny bone here is some think all the difference in running the 1/4 vs. 1/8th is the gear....lol.......if all your doing is playing that could hold SOME water...but i assure you anyone in a serious race car (running NOS/blower or just TONS of muscle) in a serious class for serious money...there is much more than just changing a gear to run these two distances...if i have to go into some of the different factors that go along with what i am saying...then it speaks for itself.

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 01-26-2010, 06:17 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by bjuice
lol...whats really got my funny bone here is some think all the difference in running the 1/4 vs. 1/8th is the gear....lol.......if all your doing is playing that could hold SOME water...but i assure you anyone in a serious race car (running NOS/blower or just TONS of muscle) in a serious class for serious money...there is much more than just changing a gear to run these two distances...if i have to go into some of the different factors that go along with what i am saying...then it speaks for itself.
Ya, but what i liked the most, is some of the guys opting to race 1/4 mi. saying race too the stripe. Yep! with their electronic throttle stops, launch hard cut the engine off for 2/3 sec. and run hard to the 1/4 mi stripe.
Nothing makes me sicker than the NHRA super classes, especially the S/G and S/C clases.
S/G cars running 9.80 index and running 160 mph, what a joke. It would be a good idea if NHRA ban all electronic throttle stops in the super classes, then we would see some real racing. That crap doesn't happen much in 1/8 mi. racing, you just drop the hammer and hang on, hopeing to no lose it or trying to run your #'s.
As Hammertime says much more intense, you better have your s**t together from start to finish, cut a bad light and you go home early, because you don't have time to play with the throttle and the brakes.

JMO

Zip.
Old 01-26-2010, 06:22 PM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

Amen ''Zip'' run what you brung and hope you brung enough :!: :!:

''JUST MY TWO CENT'S WORTH''
Old 01-26-2010, 06:24 PM
dragonmaster093
RACING JUNKIE

isnt that just the foundation of all race go big or go home "its eithe gonna go or blow"
Old 01-26-2010, 06:37 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by zipper06
Ya, but what i liked the most, is some of the guys opting to race 1/4 mi. saying race too the stripe. Yep! with their electronic throttle stops, launch hard cut the engine off for 2/3 sec. and run hard to the 1/4 mi stripe.
Nothing makes me sicker than the NHRA super classes, especially the S/G and S/C clases.
S/G cars running 9.80 index and running 160 mph, what a joke. It would be a good idea if NHRA ban all electronic throttle stops in the super classes, then we would see some real racing. That crap doesn't happen much in 1/8 mi. racing, you just drop the hammer and hang on, hopeing to no lose it or trying to run your #'s.
As Hammertime says much more intense, you better have your s**t together from start to finish, cut a bad light and you go home early, because you don't have time to play with the throttle and the brakes.

JMO

Zip.

yes zip u are correct there is not much wiggle room in the 1/8th mile...

Old 01-26-2010, 06:52 PM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

I still say strap them in Brian's car and see who screams first :!: :!: :lol: :lol:

''JUST MY TWO CENT'S WORTH''
Old 01-26-2010, 08:12 PM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

Funny bone? Who was trying to be funny? I wasn't - just stating a fact.

What I was refering too was me being able to switch gearing and be able to run a 1/4 mile BRACKET race.

Yeah so what, so I dont have 40K - 80K tied up in my car, most dont.
And maybe I dont race in "serious" class and race for "serious" money, but that wasnt the point.
Dam Brian, you done let that car go to your head haven't you?
Old 01-26-2010, 08:20 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by cepx111
Funny bone? Who was trying to be funny? I wasn't - just stating a fact.

What I was refering too was me being able to switch gearing and be able to run a 1/4 mile BRACKET race.

Yeah so what, so I dont have 40K - 80K tied up in my car, most dont.
And maybe I dont race in "serious" class and race for "serious" money, but that wasnt the point.
Dam Brian, you done let that car go to your head haven't you?
i wasn't speaking of my car Charles, u need to re-read my post slowly ...and think before you type

Old 01-27-2010, 05:37 AM
gws64gto
APPRENTICE

This 1/8mi verses 1/4 mi can go on forever such as why guys drive Ford’s vs Mopar vs Chevy vs Pontiac vs whatever....... it's just a topic on what track you race at or prefer. As stated, some of the quickest cars in the country run ADRL.

But, when I’m called an A-hole for stating my opinion to a previous post or I use the term "stripe" for finish line and categorized for utilizing delay boxes/ throttle stops because I race to the “stripe” 1/4mi (I don’t use any of those products). First and foremost, I'll call the finish line whatever I want and I don’t appreciate being called an A-hole because I respond to a post.

So get your shorts out of a wad and appreciate the fact that all of us have a place to go race our cars in this country rather it be 1/8 mi or 1/4mi and don’t take the postings so fricken personal.........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -