caution

Old 12-29-2009, 06:31 AM
Scorpion1110
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by mooneye777
Originally Posted by psykodriver
yeah, um, try reading my ad again. at the bottom of the first paragraph where it says BOTH CARS AND BOX TOP ARE SIGNED.
as for my phone number...sorry, i'm not gonna post my phone number online for the whole world to see....
if you have a problem with that then have a nice day.
geez, the crap someone has to put up with trying to sell something.
The whole world does not get on here for your phone #, they use the phone book and white pages database. The # is a great tool to help sell your item that is why it should be with the ad, Sorry !
Moon-

Just one thing-

Email gives you an excellent papertrail for documentation purposes- key when you are dealing on line and where there are so many opportunities these days to get scammed.

I agree that a phone number shows credibility, but I also tend to think those days are rapidly dissappearing Check this forum- how many deals mention phone discussions where there is no paper trail.

When you think about it, as a scammer would you rather give all the info verbally or would you rather have it all in writing and traceable?

Things are getting weird these days huh?

So while a phone number is useful to determine credibility, I want all my discussions regarding the transaction in writing, so that if the deal goes bad - I have some element of legal leverage.

I think that new times must cause us to think differently. I dont know if the absence of a phone number is a signal of risk anymore.

Scorp
Old 12-30-2009, 09:22 AM
dragonmaster093
RACING JUNKIE

still no proof sent really looking bad on this guy i have Kasey Kahne signed and unsigned cars that have been up for sale here dirka the stand up guy he is was set to buy 4 and got a fair deal. had some last min stuff come up (life) so he couldnt get now but still plans to and i still have and wont sell till he says doesnt want . but dont take this wrong this guy looks and sounds like a fake (not dirka) and i have no issue exposing this guy and dirka your cars are boxed and reserved till you ready
Old 12-30-2009, 09:35 AM
dragonmaster093
RACING JUNKIE

also note that anyone buys collector cars there are 4 manufacturers least deireable are sold evrywhere (walmart) hood trunk dont open front wheels dont turn no serial numbers. those he wants 300 for are exelent mfg but new was about 200 and with no proof of autographs most legit collector would put them as sub put and worthless