Yaks!!, building a RAT, i can't believe it

Old 01-22-2008, 09:11 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by zipper06
Originally Posted by bjuice
Sweet !!!...hey zip just looking at it...if the parts are being purchased..why not have him buy a 4.25 stroke crank ( same money) and pump up the cubes to 505ci or so.......
she should be a runner either way thats for sure..

Good Luck.

Brian
Hey BJ,
All these parts are used, in fact the crank is -.020 rods and -.010 mains and #5 and #6 rods have 1/2" 12 point bolt heads while the other 6 have 7/16". i've already got it together, waiting on heads to come back from valve job. Should be installed by friday or sat.
The only thing new is rings and bearings, plus some bolt ons. This motor once went 7.90 in a dragster on alcohol some time ago. like i said this is a tossed together motor (balanced ofcourse) just to make the super Chevy show in Baton Rouge Feb 22nd.

Zip.
ohh..ok..i sort of thought that..still gonna run like a scalded dog..i love my(little/Big block ) 511 ci...

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 02-05-2008, 02:55 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

We put the motor in the car today, may make T&T on sunday weather permitting, but i have to go out of town tomorrow so i won't be there and not able to post ET slips until i come back next week, looking for 10.40 but anything better will be o'k as long as it's not in the 9's.

Zip.
Old 02-05-2008, 03:10 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

9.99 with a 9,,,,lol :shock:

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 02-12-2008, 06:59 AM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Up date,

I wasn't at the track last sunday but the car went 1st. 10.67,2nd10.63,3rd10.44@ 124.65, spitting and sputtering down the whole qtr. i'm told.
He didn't put new plugs in it, just ran the plugs that came in the milk crates with all the mixed up parts.
I'll be back in town before the weekend, and i'm gonna put a little tune on the motor. It looks like it is gonna run low 10's. Also the best 60 ft. was 1.43. He forgot to bring chips to the track and was leaving at 3600.

I guess not bad for a 2 milk crate motor of mixed up parts and 3700lb car with driver.

I'll post ET slips when i get back in town. Also i'll tell you what/how i built the motor.

Zip.

PS, This was the first time driving the car for him.
Old 02-12-2008, 08:05 AM
v8Fiero
MASTER BUILDER

great times especcially for the first runs down the track with a new motor. is he trying to build a braket car for 10.00? it sounds like it should do low 10s after more tuning, good work.
Old 02-12-2008, 11:34 AM
olds48
RACING JUNKIE

Cool!Have ya'll actually weighed that car?Reason I ask is that I have a 66 Impala(same car) with an aluminum headed small block,aluminum 4 speed tranny,stock interior and A/C and when I weighed on my buddy's scales(he runs late model asphalt :roll: )my car came in at 4200 lbs with no driver.Ya'll must've went on a diet!

LONG LIVE THE B-BODY!!!!!!!!
Old 02-13-2008, 05:12 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by olds48
Cool!Have ya'll actually weighed that car?Reason I ask is that I have a 66 Impala(same car) with an aluminum headed small block,aluminum 4 speed tranny,stock interior and A/C and when I weighed on my buddy's scales(he runs late model asphalt :roll: )my car came in at 4200 lbs with no driver.Ya'll must've went on a diet!

LONG LIVE THE B-BODY!!!!!!!!

Have not weighed the car, it might be heaver i was guessing, weather permitting we're going this sunday, and we'll weigh it then, plus it will get some tuning. It has no diet, only alum in backhalf and 4 link 9" and glass hood.

Zip.