people buying but never pay?

Old 01-08-2009, 07:07 PM
badfast57
SHOW GUEST

Default TRUSTING THE BUYER ???

must be everyehere. i just took my car off the market trusting frank from new york to send a deposit. waited over a week and now he wont answer a phone. if you cant buy something at least make a call or email the seller so they can continue to try to sell the product. its not really that difficult.thanks for listening.
Old 01-08-2009, 07:33 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

I never delist anything until I've got money in my hand in either a SUBSTANTIAL nonrefundable deposit or full and CLEARED payment. And even then I take names and phone numbers of interested parties after the payment and before the item is picked up or delivered.
Old 01-09-2009, 12:10 PM
badfast57
SHOW GUEST

Default buyers not paying

its unfortunate we have to do that but you are 100 percent correct. i have always trusted people and this guy was wondering if he could trust me!!!! i just have never thought of doing that to somebody.thanks for the suggestion and for listening to me.
Old 01-09-2009, 02:46 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: TRUSTING THE BUYER ???

Originally Posted by badfast57
must be everyehere. i just took my car off the market trusting frank from new york to send a deposit. waited over a week and now he wont answer a phone. if you cant buy something at least make a call or email the seller so they can continue to try to sell the product. its not really that difficult.thanks for listening.
And I bet if you were to email him that you sold it to someone else he would get pissed and bad mouth you for it.
Old 01-09-2009, 06:14 PM
iowackers
SHOW GUEST

Ohhhh Yeaaaaa!!! :lol: I have had many trade offers on my '68 Camaro SS. The guy that I trust in FL said" If someone here gives me exactly what I want, I will take it. If they low ball me I will not. You do the same. If someone else offers you what you want for your car, take it. Only thing I want is a phone call or an e-mail to say what went down. I will do the same. If we both have our cars when we are ready to trade, then we will trade." This guy, a military guy like I was, is the most honest, upfront, person I have met since I listed my baby for sell. Posers, TAKE NOTE!!!!!!!

Scott
Old 01-09-2009, 09:36 PM
badfast57
SHOW GUEST

Default NOT PAYING

HOPEFULLY HE DOES GET PISSED. I LEFT A MESSAGE THAT IT WAS BACK ON THE COMPUTER AND HE STILL DONT HAVE GUTS TO CALL AND SIMPLY SAY, HEY I CANT BUY YOUR CAR SORRY.HE DONT DESERVE TO HAVE SOMEONE DEAL WITH HIM.... :!: :!:
Old 01-10-2009, 06:53 AM
undertaker598
APPRENTICE

Don't hold your breath. He won't call. I remember the day when someone said something it actually meant something. There was something called a man's word way back when. Seems like their wives or girlfriends call the shots, that's pathetic.