Woodsman's 66 Nova

Old 08-11-2007, 03:16 PM
camaro74454
JUNIOR BUILDER

That is ...well I'm speechless, beyond awsome.
Old 08-12-2007, 05:19 AM
oldcarjunkie
APPRENTICE

Your car is awesome man! Congrats!
Old 08-14-2007, 10:49 PM
image4you2see
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

WOW that is amazing...

www.centralstreetscene.org
Old 08-31-2007, 02:52 PM
woodsman
DYNO OPERATOR

Ok guy's Mike, my brother an me have worked on my hotrod for the last 3 days and just fired it off and I only have one thing to say "WICKED" . So Mike has said that he is not going to stop now until its finished and ready to go to Conley's to the dyno. So when the rest of the parts show up tomorrow it will be ready for the dyno next week. I am just guessing at the boost now but I think its around 6 or 7 pounds so its putting out around 1010hp. Well I will put some pic in when we get it all together.
Old 09-24-2007, 04:50 PM
Realgone
APPRENTICE

DO I NEED TO SAY MORE
Old 09-24-2007, 05:14 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by woodsman
Ok guy's Mike, my brother an me have worked on my hotrod for the last 3 days and just fired it off and I only have one thing to say "WICKED" . So Mike has said that he is not going to stop now until its finished and ready to go to Conley's to the dyno. So when the rest of the parts show up tomorrow it will be ready for the dyno next week. I am just guessing at the boost now but I think its around 6 or 7 pounds so its putting out around 1010hp. Well I will put some pic in when we get it all together.
wes my cousin Steve had a 66 nova that weighed about 3100 with im in it..he had a 565 that made around 1020 and he ran consistant 5.60/5.61 at 121 mph with a 1.21 60ft...this should give you an idea what a 1,000 hp should do in your nova when its dialed in and leaving as it should.

i personally think your motor can make 1200/1300 hp with that blow thru procharger...which means lower et's of course

Brian

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 09-24-2007, 05:47 PM
woodsman
DYNO OPERATOR

Brian I have not said this before but it made 28 psi boost showing 1894hp I never got that on the dyno because i would not keep my foot in it because ever time I hit the gas my brother would say the car is bowing up in the middle. Man the sound was just to wild for me on top of that too. Well when I made my pass I shut the car off and got mama to pull me back we look at the plugs and seen them to lean. I have tried to do all of this right but did it wrong anyway so have to change some things to make it right. I am talking with the Grand Daddy of blow thru himself Steve Morris and he is going to help me get it right so the next number I post will be a good one. How did you like mama's slogan UP IN SMOKE.
Old 09-24-2007, 06:11 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

daaaaayyyyummmmmmmm...thats some serious HP...my bad on the 1300...that is in reverse...lol.....i love the art work...very original 8) .

that kind OF hp has some deep 4's on it if everything else is up to par..including those peanuts..i am running a good deal on some Down south 200 mph duct tape...sure beats those depends....LMAO

my altered made that kind of HP..you wait until you really stand on it..you ain't heard nothing yet...when you get that bad boy on the high side,,she is gonna sing...i tell ya what i do wes..i put som ear plugs in my ears on the inside of the helmet..he helps me think a littler clearer and also allows me to hear my motor a little better...I THINK... :wink: ... TRY IT

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 09-24-2007, 06:25 PM
woodsman
DYNO OPERATOR

Brian 1894hp is what the computer said so that is yet to be seen and I have been told it is closer to around 1700hp I am running out of fuel before the end of the 1/8 mile and I have my pump set on 36 pounds. So Steve is going to fix my carb up with dual needles & seats and bigger bowls to carry more fuel in the carb. Also my fuel reg is to small I need a 4 port to feed the carb and with a return back to the tank. Well now that I have help from a man that knows blow thru set up's I feel way better about it all.
Old 09-25-2007, 04:58 AM
spib
RACING JUNKIE

that is just bad ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -