new dragster question's ?????

Old 01-03-2010, 03:31 PM
slowmotion
RACING JUNKIE

My brother's car is a Gebhardt car. You just take off the top body panel and you have access to all the wiring behind the dash.
Old 01-03-2010, 03:39 PM
bigray
DYNO OPERATOR

yea it shouldnt be that big of a deal..just way toooo cold here right now.i am sure we will get it all worked out..it seems like they are all almost set up the same.heck i would just rather foot break it and go on..and run No E . with it
Old 01-03-2010, 04:10 PM
shawnp
RACING JUNKIE

You need to get the car in the garage and tear every body panel off that car and become familiar with the car. Understand the chassis, the wiring, the cables, the brakes, etc. You should be able to sit in that car with your eyes closed and know where every switch is at, where every shut off is at and be able to get out of that car in case of an accident. Put yourself in the scenarios and do drills that make this a reaction and not a panic if something happens.
Old 01-03-2010, 05:33 PM
sc4405
JUNIOR BUILDER

Good advice for a new dragster owner for sure. I would strip the body off, put both ends up on stands, sight down the rails, look at EVERY upright for cracks/bad welds, check the brake line for chafing etc. You can't be too careful - they are very safe if they are not damaged. Good luck! 8) JB
Old 01-03-2010, 05:52 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

bigray----that is great that you understand what i meant---and getting under those dashes is tough[ and i is small in stature :lol: ]

by the way it is suppose to be nice in OKLAHOMA[i am going that way real quick] so change the weather for me :lol: :lol: :lol:
LIVELY
Old 01-03-2010, 06:56 PM
curtisreed
RACING JUNKIE

Lively,

Just don't head this way for the next week. Below freezing every day and zero Friday morning. I was born and raised here but I didn't sign on for this crap.

Curtis
Old 01-04-2010, 05:00 AM
slowmotion
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by shawnp
You need to get the car in the garage and tear every body panel off that car and become familiar with the car. Understand the chassis, the wiring, the cables, the brakes, etc. You should be able to sit in that car with your eyes closed and know where every switch is at, where every shut off is at and be able to get out of that car in case of an accident. Put yourself in the scenarios and do drills that make this a reaction and not a panic if something happens.
I read somewhere that you should put your hand on the parachute lever every pass when you lift. Even if you don't use the chute, you hand will already be there if you need to pull it in an emergency.

Now if I could just remember to do that... ops:
Old 01-05-2010, 03:34 PM
bigray
DYNO OPERATOR

ok iam back...burrrr dont come to OKLAHOMA its damn cold..oooh yea as soon as it gets a little warmer like 10 above we are going to fully take the dragster apart..then i will be able to see alot more..seee ya. RAY and thanks for all the INFO...
Old 01-05-2010, 04:37 PM
curtisreed
RACING JUNKIE

Hey Ray,

I just saw that you are just up the turnpike a ways. Did you buy your car local? Just wondering if I knew who owned it before.

Curtis
Old 01-05-2010, 05:33 PM
bigray
DYNO OPERATOR

I WISH<<<< i went to cinninati OHIO.. to get it and brought it back to chelsea in a snow storm...but it is a gooood looking CLEAN dragster..the guy i bought it from ,got it out of Ga,he bought it for the motor.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -