Got blocked for making initiial cash offer ?????

Old 01-15-2009, 03:03 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by hollowayshotrods
That's sort of crazy I think, to block a mans email that has a sterling reputation. I think it is very important to look at someones profile BEFORE you reply to any offers. I wouldn't exactely call Brians offer a lowball, it was a reasonable and polite offer from a consumer that you KNOW is not going to be problem in the transaction. Considering todays' state of our economy, he should be glad to any offers whatsoever. Besides, what would be wrong with this reply:

"No thanks, (insert your own price) gets it".

There is the end the negotiating process, unless Brian was to buy it.

Having said that, I will say I have been a smartass before to offers, but it must be a ridiculously low offer.
To offer a man $12k for his '69 Camaro (mine) deserves a "kiss my a**".

Just my thoughts as I sit here all bored with cabin fever.
i hear ya Rudy...i agree My Friend...now if you want to let me ride that New Hog...just holler..i am digging that new ride ya got...lucky dawg !

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 01-15-2009, 05:35 PM
vega34
SENIOR BUILDER

Originally Posted by bjuice
Originally Posted by vega34
i started out asking $9500 for my wagon,then i came down to $8000 firm,so this guy calls and said i'm looking at yours and another car,the other car is 7500 if you will take 7500 i'll pick it up,i said when are you coming to get it!!LOL!!he said saturday,so i sold it for 7500 and was asking 9500 at one time then 8000 firm,but if he had ask me 4000 i would of probley got pissed but not blocked him,thats just the way i see it,i think its a insult to offer half price on somthing pretty high,although the way some has it priced might only be worth half,,,steve
lol..i heard that Steve....i agree there is a Big Difference in the 1/2 price thing when your comparing 10k vs 1500...i sold My 63 vette lets just say over the 60k mark this past September..i did come off several thousand dollars but i would have kindly declined 50k etc ( but would have never blocked that person and trust me i got some offers below that 50k range but i treated those people with all the respect that i treated my Buyer)... i also threw in a set of new slicks cause i seen some bad economy issues rolling down the pipe..it was a good sale for both me and the buyer i do not have a problem saying he ( the buyer)probably ( i know) has a lot more money than i do..but i can say i am 60k plus richer than what i was after the sale was complete...
So the $1600 blower deal was not that Big of a deal..its a run of the mill blower( nothing speacial) and i know you were ribbing me with your Last post ..i am a good sport ( and you are from clinch Mtn..lol)...but what i did mean was that ED would need my Money loooong before i would need his ever so common Blower...lol

i think you made a wise decision to accept the $7500 on your vega

as i have said in the past..we are dead in a Recession and Money just ain't changing hands like it was.....so it might come back to haunt some folks turning up their Nose at good cash offers.Money you turn down today you might need tomorrow..

thanks for all you guys replies.

yeah but i done went and spent it and then some on a rail/dragster!!LOL!!i need a trans/stall/headers before racing season,but the wife is about to kick my yoohoo!!LOL!!,,steve
Old 01-15-2009, 07:15 PM
hollowayshotrods
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by bjuice
Originally Posted by hollowayshotrods
That's sort of crazy I think, to block a mans email that has a sterling reputation. I think it is very important to look at someones profile BEFORE you reply to any offers. I wouldn't exactely call Brians offer a lowball, it was a reasonable and polite offer from a consumer that you KNOW is not going to be problem in the transaction. Considering todays' state of our economy, he should be glad to any offers whatsoever. Besides, what would be wrong with this reply:

"No thanks, (insert your own price) gets it".

There is the end the negotiating process, unless Brian was to buy it.

Having said that, I will say I have been a smartass before to offers, but it must be a ridiculously low offer.
To offer a man $12k for his '69 Camaro (mine) deserves a "kiss my a**".

Just my thoughts as I sit here all bored with cabin fever.
i hear ya Rudy...i agree My Friend...now if you want to let me ride that New Hog...just holler..i am digging that new ride ya got...lucky dawg !
anytime you want man! Come on up and take it for a ride, bring the wife, take her for a ride, then she will be hooked!

Seriously, it has brought me a problem that I am not sure how to handle.
Wesley, my nine year old has had a couple dreams that something bad happened to me on the Harley, he wakes up before the outcome is revealed in the dreams. He has asked me on more than one occasion to not ride it,,,,jeeeeez,,,,,,kids!! I am not a believer in much that I can't see, but, you never know. You would be absolutely blown away at what Jay drew for me when he was around 8 years old.........I will post it in the military quotes thread.
Old 01-16-2009, 03:31 PM
hilldale
SENIOR BUILDER

Default slowpar1968

Originally Posted by mopar1968
:lol: :lol: Well i guess he doesn't like money :? :? Sound's like a fair offer, I didn't see any insulting word's there. Maybe someone else pissed him off, :roll:
yeah you wouldnt, i am sorry i am so jealous of you Mopar . Please accept my apology.
Old 01-16-2009, 07:35 PM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

Ok hilldale i accept your apology.
Old 01-16-2009, 09:24 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Edited out because i really shouldn't be talking about bikes, because i donot ride them.

Zip.
Old 01-16-2009, 10:41 PM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

rudy, glad to hear you got you a new bike.they can put a mans mindat ease when the wind is blowing in your face. clears the mind and makes the soul lay easy.thats one of the reasons i rode for over 30 yrs.besides it was alot of damn fun!!!!! i had 5 customs sold 2 and ive still got 2 up for sale and i cant give them away.im selling 2 as a package for9000.00 and no takers.after my wreck in 05 i still tried to ride but a rigid framed bike is torture for my body nowdays. you have heard all the be carefull stuff you want to for a lifetime but remember this my friend, its not if we go down but where and when we go down.odds are against us, so tie a bell on it and RIDE SAFE.!!! ken
Old 01-17-2009, 05:31 AM
hollowayshotrods
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by zipper06
Originally Posted by outlaw256
rudy, glad to hear you got you a new bike.they can put a mans mindat ease when the wind is blowing in your face. clears the mind and makes the soul lay easy.thats one of the reasons i rode for over 30 yrs.besides it was alot of damn fun!!!!! i had 5 customs sold 2 and ive still got 2 up for sale and i cant give them away.im selling 2 as a package for9000.00 and no takers.after my wreck in 05 i still tried to ride but a rigid framed bike is torture for my body nowdays. you have heard all the be carefull stuff you want to for a lifetime but remember this my friend, its not if we go down but where and when we go down.odds are against us, so tie a bell on it and RIDE SAFE.!!! ken
Damn Ken i may have directed this to you, and got mixed up on the stories of the 2005 accident. I'm sorry but i just don't like street bikes. Now i raced in the desart from 1975 to 1980 and then went to trials riding, but never the street. I then lived in Phx. and had many friends who were bikers. But never owned a street bike, and never will, i've seen too many people crippled from them, and being 70 yrs. old in 2 weeks i want to go out in my race car, or a natural death, not programmed by some ediot motorest who's not watching out for me.

Zip.
Zip, Ken,
I don't care that the story got mixed up, and I know Ken doesn't either. I am very happy that ya'll think enough of me to leave your opinion about the bike and Wesleys' dream on the table. Ya'll oldsters, (for lack of a better term and said with the utmost of respect) always give me a bit to think about. I do not necessarily fear death, but what I do fear, in all honesty is leaving this earth with my sons' still needing me to guide them.

I waited for many years to get this damn thing, now I am not sure I really want it. Man, life sure is funny :!: :!: :!: :!:
Old 01-17-2009, 06:09 AM
suicidebomb
RACING JUNKIE

Rudy' just be careful, pretty scooter by the way. I'd like to have a hardtail chopper, but I'd kill myself on it. I had a 750 honda chopper when I was young, but never a real motorcycle. I do go down good though, it's my only talent on a motorcycle, is I go down real pretty, and OFTEN. ops: ops:
Old 01-17-2009, 06:21 AM
hollowayshotrods
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by zipper06
Edited out because i really shouldn't be talking about bikes, because i donot ride them.

Zip.
Zip,
I took it as a man with lots of experience in life giving his opinion. In reality, everything you wrote is true :!: Thanks for the opinion my friend :wink:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -